Tenafly, NJ (PRWEB) April 10, 2006
As part of its worldwide campaign to fight the flab, WeightLossBuddy.com, the free website that helps people lose weight and unhealthy lifestyles, has challenged America’s seven fattest states – Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Tennessee and West Virginia – to get on the buddy system.
“It’s time for America to wake up about obesity, and we aim to shake things up by offering WeightLossBuddy.com premium memberships to the governors of these states to call attention to this weighty problem,” says Joey Dweck, WeightLossBuddy.com founder. “Our challenge – to buddy up – makes it easy for these states to change their images. Ultimately, everyone – the governors, the residents and the country – gains big even with small losses.”
Scientific studies have shown that people who buddy up to diet and exercise lose weight and keep it off, and WeightLossBuddy.com’s premium memberships make it easier to drop those extra pounds. “It is essential that residents of these states get with the program,” Dweck says. “This is not only about self-image. It is about the image of this country.”
WeightLossBuddy.com’s Premium Service includes an advanced version of the site’s free Diet-Tracking feature that will allow Premium members to “track meals” using a database of 10,000 foods, including a fast-food lookup feature.
Other Premium features include:
- Individual Diet-Planning
- Charts and Graphs to track individual weight-loss progress
- The unique WeightLossBuddy.com individual Diet Dashboard
- A personal private/public Diet Blog
- Unlimited Health Screenings for heart disease, diabetes and mental health
- A weekly portable printed Food Diary
- Access to WeightLossBuddy.com’s extensive Audio Library recorded by national and international experts on the site’s panel and the site’s E-Book Library
WeightLossBuddy.com members, whether on the Premium or Basic plan, will continue to have access to the free features they have grown accustomed to.
At no charge, they will be able to:
- “Find a Buddy” by ZIP code, age, gender and common interests
- Get their own Personal Page that includes tips on Stress Reduction, Self-Esteem Builders and Rewards
- Access Weekly Activities from the “Weight Loss Buddy 12-Week Challenge Activity Book”
- Form a Team and challenge other teams to a weight-loss competition
Press Contact: Joey Dweck
(877) BUDDYUP (877-283-3987)
# # #