Rockville, MD (PRWEB) April 6, 2006
This week on TelecomWeb are updated analyses of news, trends and policy concerning: IP Telephony, broadband, satellite, mergers and acquisitions, secure wireless networking and technologies, and managed services.
- On the TelecomWeb home page http://www.telecomweb.com:
‘Lucatel’ Satellite Deal Keeps Everyone In The Dark
More pieces of the proposed Lucent-Alcatel merger fell into place today as Alcatel released details of the sale of its satellite unit to Thales, a move designed to keep French military secrets away from prying American eyes.
- On the TelecomWeb “Managed Services Report” microsite http://www.telecomweb.com/reports/lucent:
Featured White Paper: A New Look for Network Support: Single Point of Contact Solutions Are Best for Multivendor Network Implementations
The Alcatel-Lucent Merger: Looking Beyond The Obvious
By Warren Williams, vice president & senior program director/Services, InfoTech
Virtually everyone has reported on the perfect fit of the Alcatel/Lucent merger, a move that will create the second largest networking company in the world.
TelecomWeb Survey Results: Carriers Ponder The Path To NGNs
Communications carriers strongly see next-generation networks (NGNs) as strategic elements of their future development plans, but there still is major confusion as to what's the best way to get there, according to TelecomWeb 's survey of communications company executives.
- On The TelecomWeb “Secure Mobility Report” microsite http://www.telecomweb.com/securemobilityreport:
Take Our Survey: How Secure Is Your Wireless Handset?
According to proprietary research gathered by N.J.-based InfoTech, the number of companies and institutions equipping their mobile workers with smartphones and/or dual-mode wireless devices is expected to increase significantly through the end of 2008. We need your input for an update!
Weekly Secure Mobility News Briefs
- Harris Wins SWLAN Gov't Contract
- NSA Also Purchases Encryption Software
- Redknee Server Protects Wireless Privacy
- NGN Hosts Secure Business VoIP Service
- Mesh Network Serves Enterprise Security Needs
- SMC Updates Enterprise Wireless Access Points
- Detica Unveils NetReveal Fraud Detection
Please visit http://www.telecomweb.com for comprehensive news and analysis covering the telecom industry.
About The Telecom Intelligence Group
The Telecom Intelligence Group includes market intelligence provider InfoTech; TelecomWeb and TelecomWeb news break; newsletters Wireless Business Forecast, Broadband Business Forecast and Telecom Policy Report; tariff consultancy Tarifica; and the Web-based business-telephony-product database TelecomTactics.
Sharon Valencik, marketing director, 800/610-3109.
# # #