New York, NY (PRWEB) April 12, 2006
On May 11-12, 2006, in midtown Manhattan, the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Institute will be conducting an intimate and exclusive high-profile, executive-level charter event as part of its "Beyond SOX" series of Corporate Governance activities. The goal is to provide education on key and current corporate reforms that are taking place in the global Corporate Governance arena, and to glean lessons from them that current and aspiring Board and Committee Members, Independent Directors, Senior Executives, CxOs (CEOs, CFOs etc.), Company Secretaries, Financial and Management Analysts, lawyers, policymakers, academicians, and other industry leaders can apply in their day-to-day roles at their corporations.
- Mr. Sanjay Anand, Founder and Chairperson of the SOX Institute (opening keynote)
- Ms. Nell Minow, Editor and Co-Founder of The Corporate Library (closing keynote)
- Alfonzo Alexander, Vice President - Development, NASBA Center for Public Trust
- Larry Bridgesmith, Member of Board of Directors, NASBA Center for Public Trust
- Michael P. Cangemi, Former Preseident, CEO, Director, Etienne Aigner Group, Inc.
- Scott Green, Chief Administrative Officer, Law Firm of Weil, Gotshal and Manges
- Prof. Clifford G. Holderness, Prof. of Finance, Boston College; Visiting Prof., MIT
- Guy P. Lander, Senior Partner, Davies, Ward, Phillips and Vineberg; NYSBA chair
- Arlene E. Mirsky, Corporate, Securities, Banking; Sills, Cummis, Epstein and Gross
- Sarbanes-Oxley: Coerced Collaboration
- Duties and Responsibilities of Directors
- Maximize Effectiveness of Company Boards
- Audit Functions and Audit Committees
- Developments with Large Shareholders
- Balanced Scorecard for Board Decisions
- Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Visit http://www.soxinstitute.org/governance.htm
- Call +1.212.626.9016 or 1.888.SOX.GCGI
About SOX Institute:
Established just months after the passing of the SOX Act, the Institute is committed to establishing and encouraging best practices for SarbOx compliance, professionalism, knowledge, expertise and ethics. With thousands of subscribers on all five continents, representing such diverse backgrounds as finance, accounting, IT, law, ethics and audit, the Institute is one of the largest and most active Sarbanes-Oxley communities.