Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 14, 2006
As DUI / DWI laws get tougher across the country, the DUI lawyers who sponsor Total DUI want drivers to know their rights. Every state has now lowered the “legal limit” to .08% BAC and some states are enacting mandatory jail time provisions for a first offense DUI. Several states have criminalized breath test refusals or enacted provisions allowing law enforcement officers to forcibly obtain blood samples when a driver refuses a breath or blood alcohol test.
The Total DUI website at http://www.TotalDUI.com includes resources to help answer a wide range of drunk driving questions, including the complete DUI statutes for each state, a case evaluation form visitor’s can use to set up a free consultation with a DUI lawyer in their area, information about possible challenges to DUI charges, and more. Those who can’t fill out the form online can schedule a free consultation by calling 1-877-349-1311.
At the Total DUI website, consumers will find an explanation of blood alcohol and breath alcohol testing and the possible weaknesses associated with each. The website also offers an interactive breathalyzer, an overview of the possible penalties associated with a DUI.
Visit http://www.TotalDUI.com to learn:
- How breathalyzer tests and blood alcohol tests work;
- Approximately how many drinks it takes to reach the “legal limit”;
- Which states allow for DUI charges even if the driver is below the legal limit;
- Which states criminalize drinking and driving for those under age 21, even if there is only a trace of alcohol in the driver’s blood;
- The length of the mandatory driver’s license suspension in each state;
- Which states require jail time for a first offense DUI;
- What special risks and penalties exist for drunk drivers who drive commercially;
- How a DUI conviction may affect automobile insurance;
- How a DUI conviction may impact future employment options;
- How a DUI lawyer may be able to help fight DUI charges;
- What drunk driving law changes are in the works across the country;
- What challenges have recently been successful in fighting DUI charges or having evidence suppressed;
- More continually updated information regarding DUI law, DUI prosecution, breathalyzer tests, blood alcohol tests, driver’s license suspension, and any issue related to drunk driving cases.
About Total DUI:
Total DUI, Inc. is sponsored by DUI lawyers across the country. Founded by prolific consumer attorney and author Kevin Chern, Total DUI, Inc. provides free online resources and information regarding drunk driving charges and the criminal justice process.
# # #