Pomona, Calif. (PRWEB) April 21, 2006
Vintage Productions PresentsThe West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show. The Largest All Militaria show west of the Mississippi. The Fairplex in Pomona, Building #8 1101 W. McKinley Ave, Pomona, CA. Friday: May 5th 1pm-8pm Saturday: May 6th 9am-5pm (not open on Sunday) $7 Adults and $2 Kids or $10 2-Day Entry. General entry is always free to active military (please show ID). $7 Parking in Lot 9 (w/tram service to Bldg 8) or other paid lots Visit http://www.fairplex.com for directions/maps or call 909-623-3111 Visit our site http://www.MILITARIASHOW.com
Vintage Productions is once again bringing together quality militaria dealers from all around the world for our All Militaria collectors show at The Fairplex in Pomona, Bldg 8. Our new format made a tremendous debut in November, 2005 (previously held in Bldg 5) and was a rip-roaring success; we are proud to boast seeing crowds unheard of in recent years at a California militaria event. This truly is history in the making as we embark on our second event, already shaping up to be bigger and better. Friday, May 5th, 2006 we are open 1pm-8pm AND Friday “Early Bird Entry” is available at 8am for $85 or after 10am for $50 (pass good both days). We are also open Saturday, May 6th, 2006 (open 9am-5pm). No Sunday hours.
A huge assortment of superior historical militaria antiques and related collectibles from all time periods and countries – all well represented. Over 300 tables, over 100 dealers from around the country. Quality outdoor living history displays and top notch military re-enactors. Great for the novice or expert collector. Bring the entire family! Active Military and families are always free.
Visit fantastic outdoor historical military encampments and military vehicle displays while you appreciate quality military re-enactors. This is a must for kids – a great learning experience.
- We are pleased to host the Airborne Interpretive Association who will be commemorating the history and achievements of the American airborne soldier beginning in 1942 to those of present day. This group’s displays and exhibits are top notch and will be set up outdoors, alongside building #8 so you can interact with their members and ask questions while they offer a unique insight into the airborne soldier. This group is absolutely superb and a must see.
- We are also very proud to have on hand the traveling annex of the George S. Patton Memorial Museum. This museum, housed in a large 18 wheel truck, offers a walk through exhibit displaying memorabilia from the life and career of General Patton, including an introspective on the varied aspects of military life, particularly soldiers of World War II. A truly unique setting and a great learning experience.
- We will have several other quality re-enactor groups displaying at the May show including the Brigade of the American Revolution, the 23rd Regiment Royal Welch Fusiliers – this group was out at our November 2005 event and came dressed in top quality uniforms; they are a definite crowd pleaser, always offering great information and interesting displays.
- In addition, author Steven R. Nelson will be on hand to sign copies of his new book “Images of America; Fort MacArthur”. This 128 page book contains rare and previously un-published pictures from the museum archives combined with stories spanning the history of the fort. The authors Steven Nelson (Fort MacArthur Museum Director) and Lt Col Dave Appel (member of the Assoc. Board of Directors) have generously offered to donate all the proceeds from the book back to the Fort MacArthur Museum Assoc. so be sure to get one.
- The 21st Panzer Division, Panzer Grenadier Regiment 125 is a unit of the California Historical Group. The CHG is a non-profit society and is strictly non-political. The CHG exists to pay tribute to the front line soldier, of all nations, who fought during the 2nd World War. This prestigious group, which is made up of militaria collectors, history buffs, military vehicle owners, students, businessmen and even active military personnel, will be out at our event all weekend. The 21st Panzer Division will bring out their uniforms, equipment and even military vehicles that allow them to relive, as closely as possible, the traditions and memories of the combat soldier of World War II.
- In addition, we are very pleased to welcome some of the gentlemen from the Pearl Harbor Survivors, Chapter 9 group, they will be at our show signing their books. What a rare treat to be able to meet and talk to these very honorable men! We hope you will visit their table, located inside building 8, near the snack bar.
Our first ever costume contest in November, 2005 went so well we are making it a regular event; you can't miss our military themed costume contest on Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Come dressed in your best military costume; trophies will be awarded via a special judging panel for only the top efforts. Categories include: “WWI and Before”, “WWII”, “Korea & Vietnam” & “All Other”.
Visit The West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show and experience military history of all kinds through a vast array of artifacts, uniforms, gear, books, edged weapons, trench art, insignia of every kind, artwork, photos and SO much more. Enjoy the unique camaraderie with like minded historians. This is the perfect show for both the avid and novice collector. A great opportunity for adults and children alike to hold a piece of history in their hands and maybe start their own militaria collection – the possibilities are immense and vastly interesting.
As always, no firearms or ammunitions are allowed at our events. This is strictly enforced.
Future Show Dates: November 3rd and 4th, 2006
Vintage Productions/Bob and Danielle Chatt
7266 Edinger Avenue, Suite E Huntington Beach, CA 92647
714-375-6262 (tel) 714-375-9044 (fax) 877-859-9909 (toll free)