Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 21, 2006
Where else can you find Billie Jean King chatting with Elton John and Laila Ali rubbing elbows with Marcia Cross? The Billies, of course! The Women's Sports Foundation hosted The Billies, an inaugural event honoring media excellence in the portrayal of women in sports, on April 20, 2006 in Beverly Hills, CA. OverTime (OT) Magazine, the business and lifestyle magazine for professional athletes and sports industry insiders, supported The Billies by providing the athlete VIP gift bags, which were valued at nearly $1,500 each.
OT, which caters to a high end and luxury audience, created customized and unique swag bags for 25 VIP female athlete with items ranging from accessories and cosmetics, to fitness and outdoor adventure products.
Included in the athlete bags for the Billies, were:
- LL Bean Large Totes (http://www.llbean.com);
- Great American Days gift certificates for innovative day trips and unforgettable experiences (http://www.greatamericandays.com);
- Starbucks HEAR Music CDs (http://www.starbucks.com);
- iTRAIN audio CD featuring downloadable workouts (http://www.itrain.com);
- Gift sets from Four Sisters Bath and Body (http://www.foursistersbathandbody.com);
- Bacardi Mojito Kits (http://www.bacardi.com);
- La Jolla Ocean Adventure Packages from OEX Dive & Kayak Centers (http://www.oeexpress.com) and the Birch Aquarium at Scripps (http://aquarium.ucsd.edu);
- 360° Skin Care products (http://www.360skincare.com/);
- Sterling Silver Inspirational Necklaces by Amy Peters' Studio (http://www.AmyPetersStudio.com);
- Eye Candy from Sarah's Spa Creations (http://www.sarahsspacreations.com);
- Body care gift set from Biotropica (http://www.biotropicabody.com);
- Alpha Skincare Mineral Makeup Kits (http://www.alphaskincare.com);
- Sterling silver Byzantine pendants by Blue Buddha Boutique (http://www.bluebuddhaboutique.com);
- Bee Naturals cosmetics and skincare (http://www.beenaturals.com);
- Oxyfresh Worldwide Dental Success Systems (http://www.oxyfreshww.com);
- Fiji Water and exclusive silver holders (http://www.fijiwater.com); and
- one-year subscriptions to OT Magazine and
OT supports the athlete relations activities of the Women’s Sports Foundation on an ongoing basis by providing VIP gifts at select Foundation events including The Billies and the Annual Salute to Women in Sports Awards Dinner, as well as complimentary issues to the Foundation’s members and ongoing editorial and advertising exposure.
About OverTime (OT) Magazine
OT Magazine, a PBFN, Inc. and Maven Media Group company, is the leading business and lifestyle guide for professional athletes and sports industry insiders. Launched in the summer of 2004, OT is distributed to more than 35,000 professional athletes, team owners, and sports industry media and insiders, and is available for $29.95 per year.
About the Women’s Sports Foundation
Founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, the Women's Sports Foundation is a national charitable educational organization seeking to advance the lives of girls and women through sports and physical activity. The Foundation's Participation, Education, Advocacy, Research and Leadership programs are made possible by gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. The Foundation is located in Nassau County, N.Y. For more information, please call the Foundation at (800) 227-3988 or visit http://www.WomensSportsFoundation.org.
# # #