Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) April 25, 2006
TAGSYS, the global leader in item-level RFID infrastructure, FABRICAUTO and La Poste (Phil@poste division) introduced a new RFID-based technology to enable vehicle identification, counter theft and misuse. Dubbed TRI-Tag (Traffic Registration Identification), the system adds a layer of electronic identification to reinforce existing visual identification methods.
TAGSYS’ RFID tags are integrated by FABRICAUTO into the vehicle’s registration components, including La Poste’ Phil@poste’s secured windshield holographs. The combined system protects vehicle owners from theft and unauthorized misuse of their cars and trucks.
The TRI-Tag consists of three components or three security levels:
- Robust tag attached to the license plate – RFID-enabled, applied to the front and rear license plates to authenticate the registration number
- Holographic security label affixed to the windshield – RFID-enabled to facilitate electronic and visual authentication of the registration number
- Hologram security image on vehicle registration documents – RFID-enabled, applied to the documents to provide easy visual and electronic authentication
The TRI-Tag solution provides traffic and vehicle management authorities with tools to quickly and accurately identify stolen vehicles by verifying that the license plates are the correct match to the vehicle and its owner. The TRI-Tag solution enables physical inspection and control as well as a new element of electronic inspection through RFID technology. Using the RFID-enabled tool, government agencies and authorized personnel can quickly and accurately check the security labels against electronic databases.
“TRI-Tag is a cost effective system that offers government agencies a new tool to combat theft and misuse of vehicles,” said Elie Simon, CEO of TAGSYS. “By leveraging the latest in RFID technology, TRI-Tag utilizes highly reliable, accurate and secure technology that also introduces a new level of efficiencies to traffic and vehicle management.”
“TRI-Tag has been designed because there are more and more vehicles misused every year on the road, and therefore enforcement authorities need to have quick and reliable access to the vehicle data” said Jacques Spicq, CEO of FABRICAUTO. “TRI-Tag is a unique and secure electronic system that identifies and controls license plates, vehicle and registration document all together.”
TAGSYS is the global leader in item-level RFID infrastructure. TAGSYS provides RFID systems and tags for end-to-end item-level tracking that automates labor-intensive processes, authenticates and safeguards goods, and enables real-time inventory and asset visibility. With a proven track record of delivering Reliable, Accurate and Secure (R.A.S.) RFID systems and tags, TAGSYS has deployed over 50 million tags and 50,000 reader systems to over 500 customers in more than 40 countries. TAGSYS RFID solutions are currently being deployed in a range of highly specialized vertical markets that include pharmaceutical, fashion apparel, libraries, and textile rental. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts with offices and R&D Centers in France’s Smart Valley, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania and in Hong Kong. More information on TAGSYS can be found at http://www.tagsysrfid.com.
A leading name in the French market for registration systems, FABRICAUTO has become a major player on the international stage. FABRICAUTO designs and produces solutions that harness registration technology and corporate know-how to distribute over 10 million plates each year. Buoyed by this success, FABRICAUTO continues to grow by focusing on its capacity to offer full, integrated registration solutions tailored not only to specific customer needs but also changes to regulation in different countries. More information on FABRICAUTO can be found at http://www.fabricauto.com.
About La Poste
Phil@poste is the only security graphic industry in Europe that:
- has over 40 printing press on one production site, offering a large choice of printing technologies including intaglio.
- harnesses the entire advanced technology industry process and propose a wide diversity for printed secure documents.
- controls the entire production line in its own laboratories.
- guarantees the security of documents and products in a high secured plant (restricted access, controlled production, stock destruction, secured deliveries)