Rochester, NY (PRWEB) May 2, 2006 –
If you’re considering bridgework after orthodontics, Elmwood Dental Restoration and Implant Center wants you to know that dental implants may be the perfect way to complete your beautiful new smile for a lifetime.
When orthodontic work leaves a space between teeth, patients must choose between bridgework and dental implants. Implants are often the best choice, for several reasons:
● Bridgework and partial dentures may need to be replaced in ten to fifteen years (and again every ten or fifteen years for the rest of your life), but implants will last a lifetime with proper care.
● Bridgework requires the reduction and crowning of anchor teeth on either side of the space. Over time the bridge may loosen, entrap food particles and cause the anchor teeth to decay. Implants can replace one or a series of missing teeth without compromising healthy surrounding teeth. Implants won’t decay, crack or promote gum disease.
● Dental implants will preserve your jawbone, help maintain good oral health and prevent the appearance of premature aging
● Nothing looks or feels as close to your natural teeth as dental implants.
● Implants are tolerated well by people of all ages.
Elmwood Dental Restoration and Implant Center recommends scheduling an implant consultation at least three months before your orthodontic treatment is completed. This will ensure that your teeth are aligned correctly to begin implant treatment as soon as your braces are removed.
Elmwood Dental also encourages orthodontic patients to attend their free Implant Seminar. These informal monthly sessions explain the implant process and provide opportunities to meet implant recipients and ask any questions you may have.
For more information, download our Implants After Orthodontics brochure at http://www.elmwooddentalimplants.com/1_restore_moreinfo.php. To register for an upcoming Implant Seminar, visit the Elmwood Dental Restoration and Implant Center website at http://www.elmwooddentalimplants.com or call our New Patient Coordinator at (585) 461-4350.
Elmwood Dental Restoration and Implant Center is a state-of-the-art facility where a team of dental specialists solves complex dental problems using the latest technologies in restorative and implant dentistry. The Center is located at 1960 Clinton Avenue South in Rochester.
# # #