San Jose, CA (PRWEB) May 6, 2006
Iping.com was launched today and promises to capture the attention of all bloggers who currently use the blog and ping method of getting traffic to their site. It will also capture the attention of anyone who is interested in the RSS feeds that are currently very popular. This new site is different from other ping services because of the RSS feeds resources that are built into the site.
What does Ipings.com offer the user? As the about ipings page says "This is the place where RSS feeds are syndicated, aggregated, counted, moderated, reported, added, announced, spidered, pinged, organised, cached, and... more!"
Here is a short list of resources and services available:
1. Pinging related web services - iPings.com was designed to ping a big list of services using a single mouse click. However ipings suggests you should ping only the services which are related to your website's content.
2. Traffic to your website - By pinging these services you will let them know that your website's content was updated and you want to have some spiders crawling your content. This will give you the chance to increase the link popularity and in the same time, get your website crawled on a constant basis.
3. Spam protection by:
a. Simple image verification: for stopping automatic pings from bots or people who are inventing all sorts of tools which easily decrease the quality of the information on the web.
b. Domain name banning for spam sites.
c. No off-site pinging feature: Bots can create blogs, thousands of them. This service doesn't like spamming software, that's why you'll have to pay ipings.com a visit when you want to syndicate, aggregate, count, report, add, announce, crawl, ping, organise, cache, have some fun, etc.
4. Web Syndication - is a form of syndication in which a section of a website is made available for other sites to use.
a. Webmasters - get more traffic on your website by releasing content in RSS format, Atom, or any of the popular forms of syndicating.
b. Publishers - If you need fresh, daily content on your website, you can include feeds on your website and use them as content.
5. News Aggregator - An aggregator or news aggregator is a type of software that retrieves syndicated Web content that is supplied in the form of a web feed (RSS, Atom and other XML formats), and that are published by weblogs, podcasts, vlogs, and mainstream mass media websites.
Aggregators reduce the time and effort needed to regularly check websites of interest for updates, creating a unique information space or "personal newspaper." An aggregator is able to subscribe to a feed, check for new content at user-determined intervals, and retrieve the content.
6. Rss Reader - Because not many people can read XML files like machines do... we implemented an RSS reader into the website. This means you can translate the RSS feeds into regular text and read them quickly.
These are some of the resources that are available to the ipings.com user and what sets it apart from any other ping site online. In fact no other site resembles this site. It is totally unique.
# # #