New York, NY (PRWEB) May 8, 2006 -–
One of the greatest perks of being a celebrity attendee at the Academy Awards®, Grammy Awards® and Golden Globe Awards® is all in the swag that comprises the coveted gift bags. This prom season, Bandalong Entertainment, creators of imstar*, will make teens feel like celebrities with the advent of the ultimate Pre-Prom Gift Bag. While teenage girls nationwide are busy purchasing the perfect dress, trying on shoes, buying matching handbags, and booking hair appointments, imstar* will be sending out a Pre-Prom Gift Bag that is bound to become the best accessory since the advent of the corsage.
As part of an innovative marketing program run by Bandalong Entertainment, more than 100 lucky imstar* members, and select teen celebrities, will prepare for that special teen rite of passage evening with popular items from Sephora, M&M’S M-Azing Chocolate Bar, Skittles, Starburst, HarperCollins, American Cheerleader magazine, Ecko Unlimited, Tampax, ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses and more. Launched in November 2005, imstar* is an avatar and fashion-based instant messaging (IM) program designed for teens and college-age kids.
“These pre-prom gift bags are the perfect way to reward imstar* members and introduce them to new products from the brands they love,” said Pam Quandt, Vice President of Marketing for Bandalong Entertainment. “We have a special relationship with our members and the recipients of this bag are savvy and influential teens who are not only willing to try new things but provide valuable feedback along the way. This is an offline representation of the core value we provide teens and marketers through imstar*. We thank all of the sponsors who have participated in this unique gift bag.”
Gift bag items include:
- From Sephora, recipients will receive bliss sleeping peel™ cleansing cream, Murad Acne Body Wash, Too Faced Diamond Glass.
- M&M’S provided the M-Azing chocolate bar, the best tasting chocolate bar with M&M’S MINIs inside (comes in both crispy and peanut butter flavors)
- Skittles Xtreme Gum - Xperience the rush of Xtreme fruit flavors in Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, Wild Cherry, Watermelon, & Tangerine.
- Starburst Original Fruit Chews - a burst of juicy goodness in every bite and a wave of flavors including Strawberry, Orange, Cherry & Lemon
- A sample of material that has the real feel of ACUVUE® ADVANCE™ Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEAR™. The sample is not a lens but simulates how Hydraclear technology will keep your ACUVUE ADVANCE Brand contacts feeling soft and moist!
- “Teen Talk with Dr. Gilda…A Girl’s Guide to Dating.” Dr. Gilda Carle is a world-renowned expert on teens and their relationships.
- Make-up bags from red by marc ecko, the accessory division of Ecko Unlimited, the full-scale global and youth lifestyle fashion company founded by Designer Marc Ecko.
- always pads and liners, it’s small enough to fit into an evening purse, for ultimate discretion.
- Pom-pons from American Cheerleader magazine
- “Uncovered!” a CD featuring excerpts from ten new novels by HarperCollins including: Girls Dinner Club, Ruby Tuesday, If We Kiss, Cubanita, Confessions of a Teen Nanny, Fresh Off the Boat, Peaches, Alice MacLeod, Realist at Last, Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers and The Princess Diaries.”
In addition to the 100 imstar* members, select teen celebrities will also receive the Pre-Prom Gift Bag. Taking a page from Kirsten Dunst’s yearbook, who made headlines when she took a break from acting to attend her High School Prom in 2003, imstar* will provide celebrities who might also attend a prom this year with these special bags. Recipients will include; JoJo, The O.C.’s Willa Holland, Desperate Housewives’ Andrea Bowen, 7th Heaven’s MacKenzie Rosman, and some of this season’s American Idol contestants.
For all other Prom-goers, or members who are counting down the days until they finally get to Prom, the Starpoint Galleria will offer a plethora of gorgeous dresses. The Starpoint Galleria is the largest virtual clothing store within the imstar* program. In preparation for the big night, members can dress their avatars in the hottest Prom fashions. And, for members who would prefer their avatars wear something other than a sparkly gown, the Galleria has stocked brand name and designer clothing by BabyPhat, Aeropostale, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Gaultier, 7 for All Mankind, Fendi and much more!
The Pre-Prom Gift Bag is another innovative program offering Bandalong Entertainment provides to marketers looking to target the female teen demographic. Bandalong currently works with a number of leading brands on integrated instant messaging campaigns, which include branded online fashion content, and other instant messaging features. The company often hosts chats for marketers seeking feedback from this influential market segment. Bandalong will soon prepare for a Back to School Gift Bag to be distributed in late summer.
imstar* is an instant messaging (IM) program designed specifically for teens and college-age kids. Compatible with AOL’s AIM®, imstar* gives teens 3D avatars (or characters) for use while chatting. The interactive program, created by Bandalong Entertainment, allows the members to “shop” for virtual clothing and accessories from today’s leading designers. Other interactive elements include proprietary games, community tools and entertainment content specifically created for this target audience.
About Bandalong Entertainment
imstar* is the first product offering from Bandalong Entertainment, an interactive media company. imstar* has been in development since 2002 and has been in closed beta since June, 2005. The Company has worked with approximately 1,000 beta testers prior to its launch on November 17th, 2005.