We can’t believe it, and can’t wait to finally have the wedding of our dreams.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Portland, OR (PRWEB) May 10, 2006
Several leading wedding and travel resources banded together to sponsor
The winning “21st Century Couple,” Jesse Kovarovic and Jackie Losik, will be treated to an
unforgettably romantic wedding & honeymoon courtesy of
Starwood Hawaii, and
“I was so excited when I saw the Twenty-First Century Wedding Contest,” says Jackie. “I really thought Jesse and I fit the description, and I lobbied hard, through all our friends and e-mail contacts, to get the votes.” When the deadline passed without hearing anything, Jackie was devastated. “Our family is really spread out—Florida, Connecticut, Atlanta, Chicago—I just couldn’t figure any way,financially, we could bring everyone together for a proper wedding.”
Jackie was in the pet store, holding a fish in a small plastic bag when she got the call from Lisa Light,
announcing that she and Jesse had been chosen as the winning couple. Down went the bag and the fish, with a splash!
“We can’t believe it, and can’t wait to finally have the wedding of our dreams.”
Prizes for the “21st Century Couple” include:
- A romantic wedding ceremony and 5-night stay at Starwood Hawaii's Royal Hawaiian hotel, plus a live web cast of the wedding from Live Internet Weddings!
- Round-trip airfare for the couple on Hawaiian Airlines.
- His and Her rings from Blue Nile - an 18k white gold, Channel-set, princess-cut diamond band for her, and an 18K white gold hammered wedding band for him.
- A [honeymoon travel registry] from TheBigDay Travel, allowing family and friends to arrange extraordinary travel adventures for the couple.
- A wedding website for 3 years (for the wedding, baby, reunions, holidays etc.) from MyEvent.com.
- Complete wedding coordination, consultation and planning from Destination Bride.
What is a 21st century couple? A recent survey concluded that over 70% of brides would choose the Internet over their mothers to help plan their weddings. Technology is transforming every aspect of the wedding industry
and modern couples are using the web to plan each important detail of their wedding and honeymoon.
From their computers, the 21st century couple can: research, design, and order engagement and wedding rings; purchase a wedding gown or rent tuxedos; build a custom wedding site to keep their families and guests
informed of their plans; find the perfect ceremony and honeymoon locations; send out electronic invitations; have a “virtual” bridal shower (with webcam) including guests from around the world; research and hire wedding service providers; find budgeting tools; purchase wedding insurance; listen to music clips and see video demos; browse photographers’ portfolios; register for wedding gifts; research and plan the perfect honeymoon; register for travel gifts; communicate with their wedding guests and, after the wedding and honeymoon, post the photos for everyone to see.