Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) May 16, 2006
The African American Business Summit 2006, themed P³ - Power Passion Profit, announced its line up of dynamic speakers, presenters, keynotes and workshops at its 9th annual event to be held at the Hotel Zoso, 150 South Indian Canyon Road in Palm Springs, California – June 21 – 26, 2006. This year's event features a keynote/reception by Rev. Jesse Jackson, Founder and President of RainbowPUSH Coalition.
Presented by Wells Fargo and Hosted by Turning Point Magazine, TPC Foundation, Inc., and the African American Chamber of Commerce Palm Springs, P³ – Power Passion Profit provides small business professionals serious how-to business-building instruction in an environment that restores balance and creativity.
Partial Highlights of P³ – Power Passion Profit include:
- Chairman Danny J. Bakewell Sr. will be on the Conversation with a Winner Q&A discussing his career as a successful African American Businessman, Financier, Community Activist, Humanitarian and owner of the Los Angeles Sentinel Newspaper.
- A special keynote by the Reverend Jesse Jackson.
- The Turning Point Magazine/Wells Fargo Living History Makers $5,000 Award winner and opening Keynote address by distinguished financial journalist and best-selling author Kelvin Boston who is also the executive producer and host of the Moneywise with Kelvin Boston public television series.
- A must not miss workshop that focuses on creating the “buzz” for your business and/or products with Gerry Foster – President of Gerry Foster Marketing.
- A general session on how public and private institutions provide capital for investing in small business moderated by Connecticut State Controller Denise Nappier, the first African-American woman elected to serve as a State Treasurer in the United States and the first African-American woman elected to a statewide office in Connecticut.
- An exciting panel discussion on how a small business can be a supplier to the entertainment industry with entertainment industry leaders Jerry Jacobsen of FOX Entertainment.
- An exclusive P³ – Power Passion Profit Urban Issues Forum moderated by Anthony Asadullah Samad - author, columnist and scholar known for his fiery analysis of social, political and economic issues that impact American society.
- An informative panel discussing passing your business through generations: “Your Business or your Money...Which do YOU want to leave your kids?” with Danny Bakewell, Jr. - President/CEO, The Bakewell Group; Rene A. Nourse, CFP - Vice President-Wealth Management, Smith Barney and Avery Clayton - Executive Director, The Mayme Clayton Library.
- Wells Fargo’s How to Get Money For Your Business Seminar.
- An enlightening technology panel directed to small businesses featuring Microsoft’ executive Art Pettigrew and Gregory Evans - Founder/President LIGATT Securities, a security technology company entitled “Hi Tech Hook-up”.
- B.J. Hawkins, PhD - President, OFS, The Business Doctors offers a workshop on Reverse Auction – The New Online Procurement Tool to explore the reality of eProcurement and ePurchasing programs, specifically eAuctions, and the significant impact reverse auctions have had on the vendor/supplier relationship.
...and so much more!
The African American Business Summit 2006, P³ – Power Passion Profit is a must not miss business event for 2006. Additional event features include: Smart Start Youth Financial Literacy Program, Business/Vendor Fair, Your Business 15 Minutes of Fame, The Networking Lounge, a Cyber Café, P³ Noir nightly events including: a Wine Tasting and Art Gallery featuring the art work of Charles Bibbs and Cruisin’s Divine Wines, a Dessert Reception, a closing night dance ...and more.
To register and/or more information regarding the African American Business Summit 2006 - please visit: http://www.aabs2006.com.
Media and Marketing Contact: Adrienne S. Lamm, 323-299-6000 ext. 107.
Partners (Partial List):
Southwest Airlines, AEG, Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, Microsoft, AT&T, Sempra Energy, Southern California Edison, Washington Mutual, Los Angeles World Airport, FOX Entertainment Group, PacifiCare, Enterprise Rent a Car, Fox Entertainment Group, Focal Point Media, Pepie LLC, O-este Designs, Ligatt, RainbowPUSH Coalition, CC-OPS, NBBC, The California Endowment, Enterprise Rent a Car, GSA, Hotel Zoso, Marquis Villas, Personal Services Plus, Crusin’ Travel and Tours.
Official Newspaper of the African American Business Summit 2006
The Los Angeles Sentinel
Palm Springs Newspaper of the African American Business Summit 2006
The Desert Sun
AABS 2006 Media Partners: (Partial Listing) 100.3 FM “The Beat” Radio (A Radio One Station), KPSE – UPN 13 Palm Springs Television, BlackPR.com, African American Golfer’s Digest, Save the Date Media Group, LLC, Black Business Radio – New York, BBA, BlackNews.com, News 23 the Edge Cable/Satellite Networks, Small Business Exchange, RDCC/BB Media Group, Superior Sports Network, Diversity City Media, Ebony Cactus Magazine, Dr. Roland Holmes – The Voice of Jazz KUCI-FM, Palm Springs Life, Palm Springs View/Viper Logic Corporation, Jericho Broadcasting, Inland Empire Community Events, The National Urban League, The Valder BeeBe Show, Black Voice News and The Wright Place TV Show.
# # #