InterAct responds to the needs of dispatchers by providing the most cutting-edge CAD technology
Winston Salem, NC (PRWEB) May 15, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC (PRWEB) May 15, 2006 -- InterAct Public Safety Systems, a leading provider of public safety and homeland security technology solutions used by local, state, national and international government agencies, today announced a new version of their industry-leading Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system with the introduction of CAD 5.8.
While still maintaining the flexibility and efficiency of the original system, CAD 5.8 takes it one step further by offering several new features and improvements to provide users state-of-the-art technology to assist with receiving and managing emergency calls and dispatching them to the appropriate public safety personnel.
The CAD system records incident details and updates, prioritizes events and identifies the most appropriate units to respond to each incident. With the release of CAD 5.8, these tasks have been streamlined with several enhancements and new features. Upgrades to the system include an increase in the number of recommended units from eight to 15 per organization and an increase from one to three characters for associated unit types.
Computer Aided Dispatch 5.8 includes many improvements in functionality that will allow users to optimize their emergency response time as well as provide comprehensive data collection, data sharing and accurate reporting. Some of these new features include:
- On-Demand Response Line-Up – Allows for more precise recommendations when escalating alarm levels or for critical situations
- New CLI “Watch Incident” – Provides enhanced multi-tasking capabilities by allowing users to view an event with call information, unit history and narratives while displaying changes in real-time.
- CAD Incident Media attachments – No restrictions on the type of media that can be attached to a CAD Incident Detail report. This includes radio traffic, map images or other pertinent data.
- Enhanced Wrecker Module – Allows for reassignment and increased search functions of wrecker companies.
- Hydrant Table Alert Hit – The hydrant button will now be framed in red if there is an exact match on the address entered.
InterAct’s Computer Aided Dispatch 5.8 numerous upgrades and additional features ensure that data is easily understood and managed even in the most difficult situations.
“InterAct responds to the needs of dispatchers by providing the most cutting-edge CAD technology,” said Andrew “Flip” Filipowski, executive chairman and CEO of InterAct Public Safety Systems. “We’ve listened to our customers’ feedback and have incorporated enhancements and new features into the CAD 5.8 upgrade based on their specific needs.”
About InterAct Public Safety Systems
Since 1975, InterAct Public Safety Systems has led the industry in providing mission-critical public safety and homeland security systems and products. Our 9-1-1 systems revolutionize the way public safety agencies handle information and how first-responders carry out their missions. We offer dynamic Records Management solutions that allow agencies to quickly extract, filter and share information to better manage their internal information processes. First responders from a variety of agencies and jurisdictions gather and share crucial information quickly and accurately using our suite of data sharing, security, and emergency management systems. InterAct understands real-world demands and provides real-world solutions. For more information, please visit us on the web at http://www.interact911.com/
or call 1-800-768-3911.