New York, NY (PRWEB) May 15, 2006
Venture Voice, the leading podcast on entrepreneurship, is assembling top flight entrepreneurs and venture capitalists to lead a full-day interactive crash course on growing innovative businesses. The Venture Voice Startup Workshop takes place on June 26 in lower Manhattan. More information and registration can be found at http://www.venturevoice.com/workshop/
- Dick Costolo, the founder and CEO of leading RSS management firm FeedBurner
- Scott Heiferman, the founder and CEO of Meetup.com, a global non-partisan platform that helps people organize local real-world gatherings
- David Hornik of August Capital, $1.3 billion venture capital firm that’s invested in Six Apart and VideoEgg among many others
- Jeanne Sullivan, the founder & co-chairman of StarVest Partners, a $150 million venture capital firm that’s funded NetSuite and BlueStreak among many others
- Tom Szaky, co-founder and CEO of TerraCycle, producer of the worlds first product made from and packaged in waste (now distributed by Home Depot)
The Workshop will highlight the entrepreneurial resurgence currently occurring in New York while adding the perspective of entrepreneurs throughout the county. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with the speakers and work though their business challenges.
It will also address many of the recent shifts in the startup economy, such as the changing need for venture capital, creative bootstrapping methods and team building in times of extreme growth.
The Workshop will be moderated by Venture Voice founder and executive producer Gregory Galant. “We’re excited about digging below the surface and uncovering what it really takes to rapidly grow a startup,” said Galant, who is also the CEO of podcast advertising firm RadioTail.
Venture Voice, just a year old come June, has benefited from the rapid rise of podcasting and the entrepreneurial passion it has ignited. It has claimed a spot in iTunes’ list of top business podcasts and has interviewed business mavericks including John Bogle, the founder of The Vanguard Group.
"Entrepreneurs rely upon Venture Voice to hear how to take their startups to the next level," said venture capitalist and Workshop speaker David Hornik. "I look forward to helping young companies grow at the Venture Voice Startup Workshop."