Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada (PRWEB) May 17, 2006
Esnatech today announced its’ official beta program to its’ OEM and distribution partners for the new Real-time communications platform ICU, Instant Communications Unified. Esnatech’s ICU platform is a next-generation Real-Time communication server delivering mobility, enterprise instant messaging (IM) and presence-awareness integrated into an organization’s telephony network. It will be a significant next step toward Esnatech’s vision of seamlessly connecting people, process & information in real-time to increase productivity, security and enable better decisions faster.
ICU is built on the same platform as Esnatech’s award winning Unified Communications solution Telephony Office-LinX, which provides a standards’-based enterprise IM solution, and an extensive and expandable real-time collaboration platform integrated into an enterprise’s existing Telephony network. ICU delivers the following communication components:
- Mobility: users can define locations and where they can be reached. Now callers and colleagues simply dial a user’s office extension and ICU will re-route calls to the person’s available location to enable live communications
- Presence: ICU incorporates presence capabilities into productivity and line-of-business applications within the enterprise. All participating users will be able to see if someone is online and what is his/her phone status and availability.
- Instant text messaging to any endpoint: ICU provides easy-to-use and familiar text-based messaging within an encrypted and authenticated environment. Users can send text to another user online as well as users offline via SMS, plus text to pagers and email enabled devices
- Complete desktop Call control: ICU provides complete desktop telephony features to enable screen pops, desktop dialing and application integration for call management. Its’ API’s enable database integration with any customer relationship platform such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce.com, Outlook 2003, and many others.
- Microsoft Office System integration: ICU also allows the viewing of presence information directly from Microsoft Outlook® 2003, with the ability to dial from any application on a user’s Windows 2000 or XP OS.
- Standards’-based architecture - ICU is built using industry-standard protocols such as TAPI, SIP and CSTA. This enables organizations to work across any type of telephony and data network, while facilitating ease of use of both standard and web-based application.
“ICU is our first step in revolutionizing the way information workers leveraged presence information to communicate in real-time with both online and offline resources, all within the context of the business productivity applications, messaging platforms and telephony networks,” said Mohammad Nezarati, CEO Esnatech. "The value of IM and presence significantly increases as more users need to communicate regardless if they are on or offline. With ICU, customers can extend the benefits of real-time communications to a broader set of stakeholders such as partners, suppliers and customers, allowing them to make better decisions faster within a more secure and managed environment.”
“Rolling out the beta program with customers such as Panasonic Canada and other partners, we see significant market opportunity especially in the SME segment where live communications is vital for customer service and relationships,” said Davide Petramala, VP Business Development Esnatech. “The beta program brings us one step closer to the final release in July when we roll ICU out to our global customer base in North America, South America, and the EMEA region.”
The ICU beta program is officially launched and running. General release of the ICU solution is slated for July 1, 2006.
Founded in 1989, Esnatech’s mission is to provide communication solutions that are simply the best way to communicate. Esnatech solutions empower organizations by giving them the flexibility to conduct business at any time, from anywhere, so they can manage the information they need, when they need it. Esnatech markets and distributes their products through OEM and VAR partners in 28 countries worldwide.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Esnatech, please visit the Esnatech Web page at http://www.esnatech.com/products/ on Esnatech’s product pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Esnatech’s Marketing department. Microsoft Windows, Exchange, Office & Terminal Services are registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation