ATLANTA (PRWEB) May 19, 2006 -–
LXE Inc., a leading manufacturer of rugged wireless computers that improve the performance of supply-chain execution applications, announced today that, with the announcement of its 2006 first quarter revenues, it set another record for first quarter revenues. The first-quarter record revenue mark was compared to first quarter revenues in years past, and extends to 14 straight quarters LXE’s run of record quarterly year-over-year revenues.
Driving the record results were:
- Continued significant global growth in LXE’s vehicle-mount computer sales – up 23% compared to the first quarter of 2005.
- Outstanding growth in sales of LXE’s recently-released MX7 rugged handheld computer. LXE shipped an all-time quarterly record number of handheld computers during the first quarter.
- Significant new account wins in both the U.S. and International locations.
“The market has embraced our Microsoft® Windows® CE .NET based line of computers,” says Jim Childress, LXE’s president and general manager. “We believe these new products, backed by our industry-leading reputation for service and support, have positioned us well for continued growth in the future.”
About LXE Inc.
LXE Inc. improves supply chain performance by applying over 36 years' experience developing wireless products and solutions. From rugged mobile computers, advanced auto-ID technologies, and wireless network infrastructure, to its award-winning customer support – LXE’s easy-to-use products are as reliable as the people who install and support them.
Based in Norcross, Georgia, LXE also offers a full range of turnkey services, including radio integration, project and installation management, network design, technical support, and repair services. LXE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: ELMG), and has offices worldwide. For more information, visit our Website at http://www.lxe.com.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
Statements contained in this press release regarding the Company's expectations for its revenue results for 2006, and concerning the potential for various products, are forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ from those statements as a result of a wide variety of factors. Such factors include, but are not limited to:
- economic conditions in the U.S. and abroad and their effect on capital spending in the Company's principal markets;
- successful completion of technological development programs by the Company and the effects of technology that may be developed by, and patent rights that may be held or obtained by, competitors;
- the ability of the Company to obtain patent licenses, with satisfactory license rights and royalty rates, from owners of RFID-related patents that the Company concludes are valid and would otherwise be infringed by Company products;
- volatility of foreign exchange rates relative to the U.S. dollar and their effect on purchasing power by international customers, and the cost structure of the Company's non-U.S. operations, as well as the potential for realizing foreign exchange gains and losses associated with non-U.S. assets or liabilities held by the Company;
- successful transition of products from development stages to an efficient manufacturing environment;
- customer response to new products and services, and general conditions in our target markets;
- the availability, capabilities and performance of suppliers of basic materials, electronic components and sophisticated subsystems on which the Company must rely in order to perform according to contract requirements, or to introduce new products on the desired schedule.
For more information, please contact: