Lancaster, PA (PRWEB) May 25, 2006
NXTbook Media, LLC today released its most detailed analysis yet of the company’s success in the digital publishing industry. The report revealed strong growth in all of the companies’ four channels – digital magazines, digital catalogs, digital collateral and travel collateral – and showed users to be exceedingly satisfied with digital editions. Divided into two sections, the first section of the report examines data from NXTbook’s robust tracking system. The second half of the report is a thorough analysis of nearly three thousand reader surveys compiled in the past year.
"The exceptional growth we've seen over the past year is a clear indication of market acceptance of the format," said Spencer Ewald, president of NXTbook Media, LLC. "Our publishers continue to demonstrate new and exciting uses for the NXTbook technology and the hundreds of favorable comments from readers confirm that they love what publishers are doing with the format."
From an analysis of all NXTbooks published in the previous year, NXTbook has extracted several industry trends, including:
From data pulled from the previous year, NXTbook Media found:
- Record months in titles and pages published and viewed in nine of the reporting periods.
- Year over year growth in page views of more than 400%
- Interest in downloading has fallen 50% as users continue to embrace browser-based technology.
Readership surveys from the same period revealed other key trends:
- 82% of readers preferred the digital edition over the print edition of their publication.
- 81% of readers said the NXTbook format enhances their ability to collect information for their jobs.
- 85% of readers said they had a more favorable opinion of the publication after viewing the digital edition.
Readers also were asked which features of the digital edition most enhanced their experience with the NXTbook. Content proved to be king, as the highest rating was given to hyperlinks to other information, followed closely by rich-media content, such as video and audio.
To view “NXTbook Media – By the Numbers,” please go here: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/NXTbook/marketresearch/
Links to the full report can also be found on NXTbook Media’s website, located at http://nxtbook.com