we were in computer security before it became so cool.
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) May 30, 2006
Memorial Day through Labor Day 2006.
Where are the Uber Hackers?
We're beginning to think you've all retired, gotten married, or were possibly overrated to begin with.
Here's your chance to prove us wrong. $30,000.00 for a successful "uber" hack (see rules page for details) and up to $20,000.00 if you are selected for a chapter in our book.
Are your skills good enough? Do you think you have what it takes to crack our box at the “L33T L3V3L”? Then step on up boys and girls and try the Hacme Challenge. (script-kiddies, wannabes, and DDOSers need not apply. Only serious hackers please, no lamers or posers!) Successfully hack our special “Hacme” box and you will truly be the elite. Total bragging rights and we will even sweeten the pot with some cool prizes, including cash.
- 1. The HACME Summer Special begins at 12:01 am EDT on May 26, 2006 and will end at 11:59 pm EDT on September 4, 2006.
- 2. The Contest will be held on the following machine: seasprite.malguard.com (184.108.40.206) 'That's all the info you'll get from us…;)'
- 3. No other Malguard Systems are part of this contest. Only the system listed above is eligible. By entering this contest, you agree to only target seasprite and understand that you are not authorized to hack any other Malguard system.
- 4. You must register via email to be eligible for any recognition or prizes. Send your name, address, phone number, and email address to: contest(at)malguard.com to be registered. Your information will not be shared or sold to others.
- 5. All prize levels must be verified by Malguard staff prior to issuing any prizes.
- 6. All activity will be monitored
- 7. The HACME box will be taken offline to verify any successful hacks, reconfigured, baselined, and a new contest will begin again at the discretion of Malguard Services. Prizes subject to change.
The Book Deal:
Malguard Services is collaborating on a book publishing deal to create the definitive book on hacking. As part of the book, Malguard Services wants to illustrate the best of the best in the hacking world...the best hackers, the most elite hacks, and the state of the true hacker underground.
The main audience will be IT Security professionals, but the book should appeal to senior management, non-technical, and non-security professionals as well. So far, no one has been successful in hacking Malguard Services' Hacme Contest machine. Even if a contestant's foo isn't up to the challenge, but has been able to hack other difficult networks, Malguard Services invites them to share past experiences and have the chance to earn big money.
Rules / Information
E-mail contact information and hack (prior to October 1st, 2005) proof and details. It will be reviewed and, if worthy, selected for the book. If an entrant's foo is chosen for a chapter in the book, he or she will be paid up to $20,000.
Bonus: If the entrant is able to complete the Hacme challenge and their foo is chosen for a chapter in the book, they will be paid up to $50,000.
Legal Disclaimer: This offer is valid only for hacks and hacking activities completed prior to October 1st, 2005. The only exception to this date will be hacks conducted against our Hacme contest machine. Malguard Services is not encouraging any illegal activities, nor will we be a party to them.
About Malguard Services:
We are a privately owned, Information Security & Technology firm founded by a team of seasoned security professionals.
Our founding staff is very proud of the fact that “we were in computer security before it became so cool."
Prospective customers will be able to leverage our combined 80 plus years of experience and knowledge in the information security field.