CHARLOTTE, N.C., (PRWEB) June 1, 2006
Credit cards have become the credit of choice for many everyday financial transactions. Though pulling out the plastic is convenient, LendingTree President Anthony Hsieh warns that credit cards are also easy to misuse.
“If you pick the right credit card and use it properly, it can help you build a solid credit record that will help you in obtaining other loans and mortgages,” Hsieh said. “However, using credit cards poorly can result in piles of debt and missed payments that will hurt your financial prospects.”
As part of its ongoing mission to empower borrowers, LendingTree offers the following tips to pick the credit card that is right for you.
- If you carry a balance from month-to-month, be sure to pick a card with a low interest rate.
- If you pay off your balance in full each month, look for a generous grace period to make the most of your diligence.
- If you are interested in rewards, compare the cost of an affinity card to the benefits it offers, to make sure it is worth it.
- If you are just starting or rebuilding credit, use your charge cards and secured cards to build good credit habits and history.
- If you do not use your card very much, look for cards with no annual fee and no inactivity penalties.
- If you manage your money electronically, look for easy-to-use, free online services on the credit card company’s Web site.
Understanding how to best use your credit card is a key component to building a strong credit history and a good credit score, both of which will affect your ability to get the best rates and terms for future loans. For more information on understanding your credit, please visit the LendingTree Guide to Smart Borrowing.
About LendingTree, LLC
LendingTree, LLC is the nation’s number one online lending exchange, providing a marketplace that connects consumers with multiple lenders that compete for their business. Since inception, LendingTree has facilitated more than 18 million loan requests and $141 billion in closed loan transactions. LendingTree provides access to mortgages and refinance loans, home equity loans/lines of credit, auto loans, personal loans, and credit cards via http://www.lendingtree.com and 800-555-TREE.
Founded in 1998 with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, LendingTree, LLC is part of IAC Financial Services and Real Estate, an operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI), which also owns or operates LendingTree Loans, LendingTree Settlement Services, LLC, GetSmart®, RealEstate.com®, Domania®, and iNest®.