Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 1, 2006
The Full Disclosure Network™ presents an hour long, two-part Sheriffs Candidate Forum with the law enforcement officials who are campaigning to become the next Los Angeles County Sheriff on the Internet via streaming video, in their entirety. This video forum is moderated by Emmy Award winning host Leslie Dutton and is made available FREE, 24/7, on demand by clicking on this link: http://www.fulldisclosure.net/flash/464-465_Sheriff_Candidates.php as a public service of the Full Disclosure Network starting May 31, 2006.
1) Early Prison Releases: Candidates offer their solutions to the stop the early release of prisoners who are serving little or no time in jail due to over crowding, citing the dangers of early releases.
2) Sheriff’s Department as a Social Service Agency. The various arguments pro and con as to whether or not the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department should be considered a social service agency versus a law enforcement agency.
3) Issuing Concealed Weapon Permits & Gun Control Contrasting procedures on how and when to issue a CCW are presented along with the rationale.
1) Retaining Deputies when Competing Agencies offer Better Benefits: an examination of policies, procedures that have eroded the morale and size of the work force.
2) Jail Violence and Contributing Factors: management of the jails and the continual flow of inmates present conditions that aggravate the ability to control the jail population.
3) Illegal Immigration, what Can a Sheriff do About it? This segment was was videotaped following the Forum due to the Adelphia Eagle Rock Studio having shut down production. Watch 12 min Video News Blog exposing the apparent sabotage for a complete explanation (click here) http://www.fulldisclosure.net/flash/VideoBlogs/VideoBlog30.php
The high ranking law enforcement officials who are challenging Sheriff Leroy Baca in this election and who appeared on this Forum are: Captain Ray Leyva, Captain Ken Masse, (ret), Lt. Don Merrideth and Sheriff’s Sgt. Paul Jernigan, Sheriff Leroy Baca’s campaign consultant declined on his behalf.
This two-part Full Disclosure Network™ Sheriffs Candidate Forum, minus the last segment is scheduled to air on L.A. City Government Channel 35 on Saturday June 3rd from 12 to 1 p.m. and on the L. A. Channel 36 on Sunday, June 4, from 8-9 p.m and Monday, June 5th from 4-5 p.m. Other channels and airtimes are available from the website.
Known as “the news behind the news” Full Disclosure Network™ is seen on 43 cable systems and the Internet. In 2002 the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences presented host Leslie Dutton with an Emmy for the 2001 public affairs series entitled “L.A.’s War Against Terrorism” featuring LAPD Chief Bernard Parks, L.A. County Sheriff Leroy Baca, L.A. City Councilman Mark Ridley Thomas and Police Union Director, LAPD Captain Ken Hillman.
# # #