Ottawa, ON, Reston, VA, & Gartner IT Security Summit, Washington, VA, Booth #702 (PRWEB) June 5, 2006
Third Brigade (http://www.thirdbrigade.com) today unveiled Deep Security 4.5, the newest release of its advanced intrusion prevention system (IPS) that protects mission-critical hosts, applications and data from malicious attacks. Product enhancements have been driven by key customers that use Third Brigade Deep Security to protect critical web applications, internet-facing servers, high-availability systems such as VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) servers, as well as enterprise desktops and laptops.
“With attackers now exploiting newly discovered software vulnerabilities long before patches are made available or deployed, time-to-protection is a primary concern for organizations,” said Brian O’Higgins, CTO of Third Brigade. “But with first generation, behavior-based IPS, time-to-protection is simply too long. The costs and administrative overhead required to move these systems into production are significant. As a result, host-based IPS has too-often been stuck in a test environment, leaving critical systems unnecessarily exposed and vulnerable.”
Third Brigade dramatically shortens the time-to-protection for host-based IPS in three important ways:
1. Faster deployment: Third Brigade Deep Security can be deployed to all hosts quickly and inexpensively. Organizations that purchase Third Brigade Deep Security Manager can deploy Deep Security Agent software in IPS-ready mode, on as many hosts as they choose, at no extra cost. Then with one-click, the Agent can be switched from detection to prevention mode, to provide proactive protection of the hosts. IPS-ready mode helps ensure enterprises can more rapidly respond to the risks posed by a new critical vulnerability, and allows a more efficient, effective and intelligent roll-out of host-based IPS.
2. Broader protection: Third Brigade Deep Security protects the platforms and applications upon which businesses rely. It includes powerful, preconfigured security profiles for over 80 different critical software applications, on three different platforms (Windows, Linux and Solaris), from dozens of vendors. The applications protected include databases, email servers, and web server infrastructure from vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Novell, HP, Apache and SendMail. Additional out-of-the-box rules provide immediate protection for custom-built software applications.
3. Faster updates: Third Brigade’s rapid response team of security experts monitor the latest threats, and develop new filters that protect against these critical vulnerabilities. Updates are delivered to customers within hours of the announcement of new software vulnerabilities. These updates can then be applied to thousands of hosts in minutes.
Lower day-to-day operating costs
In addition, Third Brigade Deep Security 4.5 has a number of powerful features that reduce the day-to-day operating costs typically associated with host-based IPS, including:
- Active Directory integration: Support for Active Directory means that hosts can be more quickly discovered using the management tools that enterprises typically rely, rather than imposing additional overhead.
- Advanced dashboard: New dashboard widgets, trend indicators and drill down capabilities, along with the ability to save multiple dashboards, provides users with quicker access to the information they need.
- Enriched reporting: New reports and enhanced viewing, searching and delivering capabilities allow key stakeholders to access vital security information more quickly and simply.
Third Brigade Deep Security 4.5 will be available at the beginning of July. The product can be purchased directly from the company or through authorized resellers. For more information, please visit http://www.thirdbrigade.com or call 866.684.7332.
Third Brigade will be demonstrating its new release at Gartner IT Security Summit in Washington, DC, June 5-7, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel (booth 702).
About Third Brigade
Third Brigade specializes in providing intrusion prevention systems (IPS) to health care, government, telecommunications, financial services and other organizations that need to prevent attacks that exploit vulnerabilities in commercial and custom software, including web applications. Third Brigade Deep Security gives you greater control of your business. It enables you to create and enforce comprehensive security policies that proactively protect hosts, applications and sensitive data. It also helps ensure compliance with industry and government regulations and corporate policies. And it maximizes the performance of your people, processes and hosts. Unlike other intrusion prevention systems, Third Brigade’s is not intrusive. It has been architected from the ground-up for intrusion prevention, and is smaller, faster and simpler.
For media and analyst briefings or to arrange for an interview, please contact:
Media & Analyst Relations
(T) 613-599-4505 x 2238
kathryn.schwab @ thirdbrigade.com
George McTaggart (On-site at Gartner IT Security Summit)
(T) 613-599-4505 x 2236
george.mctaggart @ thirdbrigade.com
# # #