Stamford, CT (PRWEB) June 7, 2006
Companies as diverse as Frontier El Dorado Refining, Sears Canada Inc. and NorthStar Communications Group Inc. are among the finalists vying for a Saxcies Award in SafetyXChange’s first annual safety industry awards program.
With an online community of almost 14,000 safety professionals from around the globe, SafetyXChange has created the first international safety industry awards program that honors both individuals and organizations for outstanding achievement in occupational health and safety.
Recurring themes among finalists were innovation, perseverance and absolute dedication to the value of safety. “We had a tremendous response to our first call for entries and were overwhelmed by both the quality and the quantity of the submissions,” says Glenn Demby, SafetyXChange Editor-in-Chief. “The Saxcies are designed to recognize a personal and corporate commitment to workplace safety. And the passionate response our inaugural competition received is a tribute to safety professionals everywhere. We can’t wait to see what happens next year.”
The finalists in each of the five Saxcies categories are:
Safety Program of the Year
- Anniston Army Depot
- Canadian Blue Bird Coach, Ltd.
- ICM, Inc.
- NorthStar Communications Group, Inc.
- Parkway Products, Inc.
Best New Safety Product
- First Voice Product, Think Safe Inc.
- Long-handled Chipper, Kerr Concrete Pipe
- LOTO Personalized Tags, Kerr Concrete Pipe
- Needle-Resistant Gloves, HexArmor
- SafetyNet, DBO2
Safety Trainer of the Year
- Collin Thatcher of TNT Logistics
- Marcy Thobaben of Bluegrass Health & Safety, Inc.
- Scott Stephen of Fleetwood Canada
- Skipper Kendrick of Bell Helicopter
- Steven L. Pollock of Salt Lake City Commuter Rail Constructors
Safety Hero of the Year
- Carrie Lou Kirasic of Weber Air
- David McConnell of NorthStar Communications Group, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Ambrose of Clark Construction Group, LLC
- Richard Kauk of Canadian Blue Bird Coach, Ltd.
- Tom Otwere of Unilever Tea Kenya Limited
The Henshaw Award for Corporate Leadership in Safety
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier El Dorado Refining
- Methanex Corporation
- Parsons Corp.
- Sears Canada Inc.
The latter award is named after John Henshaw, former OSHA Secretary and member of the SafetyXChange Board of Advisors. This award honors a company that has integrated health and safety as an essential part of its business and provided an example for other organizations.
Saxcies winners will be announced on June 13, 2006 at a special reception to be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seattle, Washington.
Corporate sponsors of the 2006 Saxcies Awards include Bongarde Media, Safety Smart! magazine and Safety411.net.
After just one year, SafetyXChange has had unprecedented success in attracting large numbers of loyal members and fostering a dialog to promote fresh thinking and insight on safety issues.
Presently, approximately 14,000 international members participate in the forum, receive the free daily e-newsletters and access more than 200 articles and tools in the archives.
# # #