Houston (PRWEB) June 8, 2006
SnapStream Media, Inc., a leader in digital home entertainment products, announced today the release of Beyond TV 4.3. Beyond TV 4.3 builds on the success of SnapStream’s award-winning digital video recording (DVR) software, and features added support for DivX 6.1 with Intel Optimizations, the ATI Theater 650 TV tuner card, enhanced HDTV support and Beyond TV Buzz.
- DIVX 6.1 With Intel Optimizations: Added support for the DivX 6.1 video codec enables Intel dual core PCs to encode up to 300% faster. The DivX 6.1 encoder also produces higher quality output with smaller file sizes, allowing video files to be compressed without sacrificing video quality. And with the addition of ShowSqueeze for HD content, DivX HD is now supported.
- Support For ATI Theater 650 Chipset: Beyond TV 4.3 now supports the ATI Theater 650, ATI’s newest chipset. The ATI Theater 650 chipset is the first to enable hardware encoder analog TV and ATSC digital/HDTV tuning in a single chipset.
- Enhanced HDTV Support: Beyond TV 4.3 now allows you to ShowSqueeze HD content into Windows Media (.wmv) and DivX formats, saving space and allowing you to save more HD recordings. Beyond TV 4.3 also features “StreamSnip”, which removes extra sub-channels from HD recordings. This reduces file size by up to 50%, giving you more room for recordings. In addition, Beyond TV 4.3 features improved SmartSkip technology, with up to 400% faster SmartSkip detection on HDTV recordings.
- Beyond TV buzz: Beyond TV Buzz gives insight into what other Beyond TV users are watching and recording. Browse the top 100 recorded shows from the previous week and the most popular upcoming recordings in this new webpage for anyone interested in TV watching trends. Beyond TV Buzz can be viewed online at http://www.snapstream.net/buzz.aspx
- Reduced Disk Fragmentation: Beyond TV 4.3 features better disk handling which results in reduced disk fragmentation, allowing you to more efficiently store and access your favorite recordings, especially larger HDTV recordings.
- And more: Beyond TV 4.3 features improved Web Admin pages and numerous bug fixes to give you the best DVR experience. Beyond TV 4.3 also features added support for the Creative Zen Vision portable video player.
"Beyond TV 4.3 advances our goal of making the PC DVR experience easier than ever while at the same time delivering a great deal of power to the consumer," said Rakesh Agrawal, CEO and president of SnapStream Media. "There’s never been a better time to build your own DVR."
"Digital Home PC enthusiasts will appreciate the exceptional performance and value from the combined solution of ATI's Theater 650 chipsets on TV tuner cards matched with SnapStream's Beyond TV 4.3," said Paul Lypaczewski, Senior Vice President Marketing and General Manager, Desktop, ATI Technologies Inc. "Both ATI and SnapStream are dedicated to offering consumers increased video quality for PCs. Home theater PC users will enjoy exceptional digital TV performance plus ease of use."
About SnapStream Media, Inc.
SnapStream Media, Inc. is a leading developer of digital home products based in Houston, Texas. SnapStream Media's vision is to create high quality consumer entertainment experiences that leverage PC and Internet technologies. The company's digital video recording (DVR) software, Beyond TV™ received PC Magazine's Product of the Year Award in December 2004. It was praised as "an idea whose time has come" by the Associated Press and declared "better than TiVo" by Maximum PC. Interested parties can find more information about SnapStream Media and its products at http://www.snapstream.com.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries
SnapStream Media, Inc.
Phone: 713-644-6240, x. 36
# # #