New Jersey (PRWEB) June 9, 2006
Can you believe there’s a “diet” based on the DaVinci code? What’s next? Americans spent over $40 billion on diet and weight loss products each year... yet we are fatter than ever.
Obesity related health problems are costing upwards of $100 billion annually according to Gregg Gillies, author of From Fat to Fit…Fast! (http://www.fattofitfast.com). "Something is clearly wrong with this picture. New diet books come out constantly. Forget all the new fad diets that come and go."
Gillies also suggests the following 6 tips to help get you started in the right direction so that you don’t become one of the 95% of people who lose weight and then gain it all back and more.
1. Don't drink water, drink ice cold water. Your body burns calories by warming ice cold water during digestion to the tune of up to 100 calories per day. By switching from water to ice cold water you can lose up to an extra 10 pounds of fat in a year's time.
2. Eat more protein - your body uses more calories to digest protein than it does for either carbohydrates or fat - up to 268% more calories each meal.
3. Eat more frequently - digesting your food has a metabolic cost. By eating smaller, more frequent meals, your body burns more calories in a day than if you eat fewer, larger meals, even if the total calories consumed for the day is the same.
4. Perform high intensity weight training - while aerobics may burn more calories during the workout session, high intensity weight training keeps your metabolism higher for up to 39 hours after your workout is over. Yes, you burn more calories sitting around doing nothing by utilizing weight training instead of aerobics.
5. Build Muscle - Adding muscle is the only way to make sure you don't become one of the 95% of people that lose weight only to put it all back on and more. Adding muscle permanently increases your metabolism. By adding 10 pounds of muscle you will not only completely reshape your body, you will boost your metabolism by burning more calories every day.
By the way, a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. So if you replace 10 pounds of fat with 10 pounds of muscle, you’ll weigh the same but you’ll be smaller and look better. Women, pay attention. This is crucial for your weight loss success. Weight training, not hours of slow cardio, is the key to fat loss and creating an outrageously sexy body.
6. Eat more good fats - Getting enough of the good fats will help you lose fat, build muscle, and recover faster from your workouts. In addition, it has myriad health benefits, including being good for your heart. Good fats include: polyunsaturated (especially Omega-3's) ,such as those from fish and nuts, as well as monosaturated fats, such as those from peanut butter, olive oil, egg yolks, and fish oil.
Gregg Gillies is the author of From Fat to Fit…Fast!, available at http://www.fattofitfast.com . To get a free in depth fat loss special report go to http://www.fatlosssecretsrevealed.com . You'll learn more detailed tips and strategies you can use right away to get your best body fast.
Some reviewer comments: "Gregg's book explains everything you need to know on developing a great body." Chris Scarbourough, Certified Personal Trainer
"The program is the real deal, and I am very excited about the coming weeks, especially after the results I saw within 7 days. Thanks again." Chris Carpenter New Jersey
Note to Editor: Gregg Gillies is available for candid and informative interviews on health and fitness via phone or email.
# # #