Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) June 10, 2006
National Australia Bank (NAB) is giving patriotic Australians the chance to show their support for the Socceroos by making personalised television advertisements, one of which will be televised nationally during the Socceroos’ 2006 FIFA World Cup campaign.
The ‘Make Your Own Socceroo Ad’ concept has been developed to celebrate NAB’s role as an official partner of the Football Federation Australia.
By logging on to national.com.au/socceroos, Socceroo fans can follow a few simple instructions to let them edit, then create their own supporter commercial.
A panel of football experts led by NAB Ambassador and Socceroos goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer, will then judge the best advertisement, which will go to air during commercial breaks of Australian games screened on SBS.
NAB Executive General Manager of Strategy & Marketing, Mr Greg Sutherland said the concept would give Socceroo fans around the globe a unique opportunity to support the national side.
“This competition is one of the many ways that NAB is helping back the Socceroos as they embark on their first World Cup campaign in 32 years,” Mr Sutherland said.
Here’s how the competition works:
1. Log on to national.com.au/socceroos;
2. Note the bank of Socceroo video clips and music tracks;
3. Drag preferred video and music clips onto the master timeline;
4. Type a personalised message of support, to create a unique advertisement;
5. Submit the advertisement for approval;
6. Once approved, forward it to family, friends and fellow fans all over the world;
The competition winner will be announced on 15 June.
# # #