San Ramon, CA (PRWEB) June 13, 2006
Sunflower Systems™, the global leader in asset management and strategic asset intelligence software, today announced the introduction of Sunflower Contract Reports™ 4.5, designed specifically for those organizations that maintain contracts with the federal government, including government contractors and research universities. Sunflower Contract Reports™ 4.5 achieves immediate tactical results by enabling organizations to adhere with government-mandated reporting requirements, and create, modify and archive NASA and Department of Defense (DoD) specific asset financial reports with complete accuracy directly from the source application using XML protocols.
Sunflower Contract Reports further extends immediate benefits by enabling the creation, generation and printing of Unique Item Identifiers (UII) for all government-furnished property, and automatic upload of all UII data to the UID Registry - directly from the application. For more information on the UID program, visit the official website at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/UID/.
Sunflower Contract Reports™ provides immediate and tangible benefits
- Mobile 2D Data Matrix receiving, marking and printing solutions that seamlessly integrate into the application infrastructure
- Data parsing to ensure accurate rendering of Construct 1, Construct 2 and other recognized UII data constructs
- Automatic upload of UII data to the newly-mandated DoD UID Registry via XML protocols or flat files
- Elimination of manual reconciliation of redundant data from multiple sources
- Faster production of required contract information
- Automatic archival and historical records for audit and future reference
- Mitigates risk during mandated audits
“We saw an immediate opportunity to provide significant benefits to organizations that hold federal government contracts, including Department of Defense contractors and research universities,” said Robert Kaehler, vice president and general manager at Sunflower Systems. “The urgency of ensuring compliance with the UID Registry program could force many organizations to make do with products that don’t offer a complete solution that fully meet the comprehensive and complex requirement of the UID initiative.” Kaehler continued, “Sunflower Contract Reports finally enables these organizations to successfully deliver accurate transactional activity while providing better value to the taxpayer by driving down overall costs from the bidding process all the way through the life of each asset and contract.”
Sunflower Contract Reports™ 4.5 Highlights
- Seamless integration with the latest scanning technology. Sunflower Contract Reports™ enables 2D Data Matrix capture from any imaging scanner directly into the appropriate fields within the application and determines what type of construct the label data contains.
- Automatic generation of UIIs and UID Registry required information. Sunflower Contract Reports™ enables organizations to generate Virtual UIIs automatically, and upload this required information directly to the UID Registry. Additional features include the ability to identify which contract assets require marking, directly print Data Matrix labels for asset tagging, and electronically transfer data files for UII production by outside firms for metal labels or other approval marking methods.
- Asset tracking on a contract-by-contract basis. Electronic versions of the numerous contracts that individual organizations hold with federal government agencies, as well as automatic asset association with these contracts, eliminate manual data entry errors and complex reconciliation projects during reporting cycles.
- Built-in government report capabilities. Electronic versions of the most common government reports for asset tracking, transfer and shipping ensure seamless and accurate creation of DD 1662, NASA 1018, DD 1149 and DD 250 forms. A single touch of a button populates the correct fields and ensures accurate calculations and activity information. Built-in intelligence identifies which assets need to be marked and/or upload data to the UID Registry at the time an 1149 or 250 form is generated. Results are automatically tallied and the comprehensive historical record includes names, dates and times to ensure complete control during mandated audits. Reports can be printed or submitted electronically.
- Strategic Asset Intelligent from the Sunflower Enterprise suite. By leveraging a central repository of data, common data models, and a synergistic look and feel, Sunflower Enterprise enables a strategic center for all asset-related activities across the enterprise as well as through your supply chain and partner network. The result is a single source of asset truth for initiatives that are critical to top management, while also enabling tactical operations such as day-to-day asset management, asset maintenance, inventory and financial tasks.
Sunflower Contract Reports is in customer beta release now. General availability and shipping is scheduled for June 30, 2006 with online demonstrations beginning July 11. Organizations and the press are encouraged to contact Sunflower Systems at 925-242-4213 or by email to arrange personal demonstrations.