Phoenix, MD (PRWEB) June 14, 2006
Greenbranch Publishing (Phoenix, MD) along with Delta Health Care (Brentwood, TN) announced today a teleconference about “Physicians Behaving Badly” - disruptive physician behavior and the impact on the medical practice, the medical administration staff, and partner physicians.
The teleconference is 90-minutes in length and is scheduled for Thursday June 29 at 1 p.m. EST. The teleconference fee is $196 per call-in line and there is no limit to the number of people who may listen in on that line. Register at http://conference.mpmnetwork.com or call (800) 651-7916.
According to Randy Bauman, President of Delta Health Care, “Physicians behaving badly happens all too often, and partner physicians, medical practice managers and administrators look the other way. They don't deal with bad conduct for a variety of reasons and allow physicians to continue to act out in ways that they would never tolerate from other staff members,” explains Bauman. “This teleconference will show medical practice professionals how to recognize and manage chronic disruptive behavior – before it takes a toll on the medical practice.”
Mr. Bauman, the President of Delta Health Care, has been actively involved in the business of physician practice for over 20 years, writing, speaking and consulting to improve economics and patient satisfaction in physician practices.
Nancy Collins, President of Greenbranch Publishing agrees, “Randy Bauman taps into his experience and will give our attendees the inside scoop on how to deal with these difficult issues. Many of us assume that physicians, by virtue of their education and occupation, play by the rules. The unfortunate truth is that physicians are subject to the same failings in the workplace as anyone else.” She continues, “Our goal with this teleconference is to shine some light on this issue. We’re lucky to have Randy Bauman’s expertise in this area and feel that we are providing a very important service to the medical practice community.”
The teleconference will focus on these problem areas:
- Unwillingness to adhere to practice policies
- Constant tardiness, disorganized, unable to maintain a schedule
- Unprofessional appearance or demeanor; poor bedside manner
- Unwillingness to see a full patient load, help out in a pinch, or assume responsibility
- Clinical "laziness" - not interested in keeping up on advances in the field; stubborn, inflexible
- Argumentative (always right, never wrong).
- Complaining to patients, staff, physicians outside the group about colleagues and internal matters
- Using critical, derogatory, foul, or crude language.
- Inappropriate expressions of anger, resentment, extreme negativity, moodiness, or irritability
- Threats of violence or legal action directed at staff, partners, patients.
- Offensive humor, sexual innuendo, sexual harassment.
- Unethical, illegal or unscrupulous behavior; lacking a sense of morality.
The organizers intend to educate attendees with this knowledge after listening to the teleconference:
- How to define and recognize disruptive behavior
- How to distinguish between unconventional and truly disruptive behavior
- How to determine whether a situation in your practice warrants action
- When and how to intervene
- How to deal with the situation if your physician group leader is the problem
- Do's and don'ts
- When to get outside support
- What to do when nothing works
The date and time for the conference is:
Thursday June 29, 2006
1:00-2:30 p.m. (Eastern)
12:00-1:30 p.m. (Central)
11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Mountain)
10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (Pacific)
Anyone interested in attending this teleconference on should sign up at http://conference.mpmnetwork.com or call (800) 651-7916. If you cannot attend the teleconference, recorded audio CDs will be available for purchase.
About Delta Health Care
With its headquarters in Brentwood, TN, Delta Health Care is a company of highly experienced consultants improving physician practice performance for physicians and hospitals.
Contact: Mr. Randy Bauman
783 Old Hickory Blvd. Suite 260
Brentwood, TN 37027
About Greenbranch Publishing
Greenbranch Publishing, LLC, with headquarters in Phoenix, Maryland, is a privately held firm founded in 1998. The company is a leading publisher of medical practice management titles, electronic media and audio conferences for physicians, practice administrators and office practice managers.
More information can be found at: