SOUTH PORTLAND, MAINE (PRWEB) June 15, 2006
The creative chef team at popular, family-friendly Eggspectation Restaurant, located adjacent to the Maine Mall in South Portland, has been working tirelessly to create several new, Maine-inspired dishes from Maine-made producers along with refreshing libations including martinis from Cold River Vodka (Freeport) and Summer Ale for Casco Bay Brewing (Portland).
Mouthwatering new menu offerings from some of Maine’s leading farmers and producers are:
*From Wolfe’s Neck Farm’s delicious naturally raised beef (no added growth hormones, no antibiotics, strict vegetarian diet, no animal by-products)
· Maine Farmer’s Burger: ½ lb fresh patty with garlic herb cheese spread (from another Maine supplier, Beryl Marton in Ogunquit) sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions.
· Bourbon Steak Tips: sautéed with fresh mushrooms and onions, flambéed with bourbon.
· Farmer's Steak Dinner: 10oz hand-cut steak grilled to your liking, “mashed mainers” with chive, grilled corn-on-the-cob, biscuit, gravy and vegetables.
*From Robinhood Meetinghouse (Georgetown, Chef Gagne)
· Cream cheese Biscuits
- From Gillespie’s, a Pineland Farm operation (New Gloucester)
· Fresh Seasonal Vegetables (starting in July)
*From Cold River Vodka (Freeport)
· Cold River Blue Cosmo: Cold River Vodka, Cointreau, blueberry and fresh orange juice.
*From Casco Bay Brewery (Portland)
· Casco Bay Summer Ale
*From Dole Pond Farms (Jackman)
· 100% pure maple syrup (for our fresh made waffles, pancakes and French toast)
Add to this an exciting and eclectic menu created from the company’s roots in Montreal, Canada and you have a destination second to none in all of Maine.
“Summer is the absolute best time to bring the great-ness of Maine-made ingredients to our guests,” said Denis Sparagis, Managing Partner. “We want our current and new guests to experience only the finest--that’s why we spend so much time on sourcing our ingredients and in constantly creating new and exciting additions to our menu.”
No detail has been overlooked at Eggspecation South Portland. Whether it’s the soothing eclectic music; lively, Montreal-inspired décor; professional service staff; or one-of-a-kind exotic ingredients, all come together, breakfast, lunch, dinner and in-between, to enhance and exceed (what we call) egg-specations!
About Eggspectation: The South Portland Eggspectation is a project of Maine-based restaurant professionals who, through a love for food, have created the finest and most lively guest experience in Maine. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a full, and lively, bar, the restaurant surpasses guest expectations on every visit. An all day “eggsperience.” http://www.eggspectationrestaurants.com
Tom Kelley, Concept Group USA, 202-344-5043
# # #