Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) June 22, 2006 -–
Form I-9 Compliance, LLC, the first federally approved Designated Agent of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) for web-based Form I-9 employment verifications, today announced that it has integrated its electronic signature solution, SecurE-Sign™ as the final step in providing a totally paperless Form I-9 process. Additionally, Form I-9 Compliance announced that it has been certified by DHS to process Basic Pilot Program queries through the federal government’s web services protocols.
With the passage of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, (IRCA), two of the founders of Form I-9 Compliance worked closely with the DHS’ predecessor agency, the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), to develop the original Form I-9 and have been providing comprehensive Form I-9 consulting and auditing services for 20 years.
In 2005, Form I-9 Compliance announced its patent pending proprietary web-based Form I-9 software solution that is fully integrated with the federal government’s Basic Pilot Program. In its role as a Designated Agent, Form I-9 Compliance served as DHS’s beta test partner for its then newly developed web-based access to their program.
Form I-9 Compliance’s electronic web-based system allows employers to accurately verify newly hired employees’ legal right to work in the United States within 3-5 seconds. Using specific information contained on the Form I-9, Form I-9 Compliance electronically verifies the accuracy of employees’ Social Security numbers, Immigration “A” numbers, and I-94 numbers through SSA and DHS databases, and provides the employer with a DHS issued unique verification number which our system electronically attaches to the employee’s electronic I-9 Form, resulting in a totally paperless I-9 process.
Form I-9 Compliance provides its services primarily through value added resellers. Currently, it has strategic alliances with over 40 firms that provide complementary software solutions and services. Our services include:
- An error-detecting electronic web-based Form I-9 that virtually eliminates human errors in the document completion process. Most employers are not aware of the processing errors that are made in completing the Form I-9 and their exposure to government fines for non-compliance. Form I-9 Compliance’s error-detecting electronic I-9 Form helps ensure complete employer compliance.
- Automated legal “right to work” verifications of new hires through DHS and SSA. After investing in their newly hired human capital, employers can now take the final step and gain peace of mind that their employees’ Social Security and Immigration documents are valid and relate to a specified individual.
- Electronic signature with E-Sign Act compliant click to sign e-signature solution. After completing the Form I-9, employers and their employees can use Form I-9 Compliance’s SecurE-Sign to create an instant e-signature, or use their previously stored signature to complete the totally paperless Form I-9 process.
- Electronic storage and retrieval of active and inactive I-9 Forms. Employers benefit from the convenience and cost savings of 24/7 secure, paperless access to their I-9 Forms for updating, re-verification and governmental inspection as dictated by law. Documents related to the Form I-9 are electronically scanned and stored.
- Proactive, automated management alerts are generated by our system 90, 60 and 30 days in advance of the expiration of employees’ work authorization documents. Automated management notifications to employers will enable their employees to apply for renewal of their work authorizations on a timely basis, thus greatly increasing the probability that they can legally continue to work without interruption.
- Identification of current employees with “no-match” Social Security numbers. Through the SSA’s Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS), Form I-9 Compliance helps employers improve the accuracy of payroll and tax reporting and prevents SSA inquiries concerning unmatched Social Security accounts. (On June 9, 2006 DHS issued a “Safe Harbor” rule that places increased responsibility on employers to more proactively reconcile SSA no-match letters.)
- Professional consulting services performed by trained and experienced Form I-9 consultants, including former INS officials and executive-level Human Resources professionals. Form I-9 Compliance’s confidential consulting services include comprehensive audits of an employer’s Form I-9 program and processes, error identification and corrective recommendations, scanning and indexing of current I-9 Forms and Form I-9 administration training.
- Extensive multi-level reporting systems that provide targeted reports, enabling employees across all levels of the organization to monitor I-9 activity within their areas of responsibility.
- A stand-alone electronic signature solution (SecurE-Sign) for employer’s documents and business applications.
“Form I-9 Compliance provides the most comprehensive outsourced electronic Form I-9 solutions, including integration with employers’ Human Resources software and extensive management reports that enable employers to monitor the I-9 activity within their organizations” said John Hermann, Chief Executive Officer of Form I-9 Compliance. “The unique features of our patent pending software enable employers to access the Basic Pilot Program in a cost effective manner. Employers who are considering verification through the Basic Pilot Program, need not wait for the time when use of this system may be mandated by law. Full compliance, and the cost savings by converting current I-9 programs to a paperless system can be achieved now and the value of the Basic Pilot Program can be effectively maximized.”
Form I-9 Compliance will exhibit at the SHRM Conference and Exposition in Washington, DC from June 25th-28th. Please visit Booth #3253 or http://www.formi9.com for more information.