Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 22, 2006
Pfizer, Gap and Fireman’s Fund were among the nine corporations that took home the highly-coveted PR News award for outstanding Corporate Social Responsibility. The winners, saluted at an event held today at the National Press Club, were lauded for both the execution of successful CSR initiatives and for effectively communicating those efforts to various constituencies.
Winners were awarded in eight categories critical to CSR success, from Business Ethics to Philanthropy Communications to Community Relations. Honorable mentions rounded out the awards program, for a total of 29 organizations selected for their social responsible work during the 2005 judging period.
“This year’s winners have redefined Corporate Social Responsibility, particularly PR’s role in CSR,” says Diane Schwartz, vice president and group publisher of PR News. “The teams that executed outstanding CSR initiatives are reaping the benefits in terms of reputation, market share, mind share and global good deeds.”
Presented by PR News, the leading trade publication covering the PR trade, this is the only national honor celebrating Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), in which corporations successfully demonstrate that altruism, philanthropy and employee commitment to “do good” can go a long way towards making an impact on a community, key stakeholders, and a company’s bottom line.
The award winners were announced during a two-hour ceremony in which Doug Cahn, vice president of Human Rights Programs at Reebok, gave the keynote presentation. PR News’ CSR Awards are sponsored by cause-branding agency leader Cone Inc, along with Flag and CSRwire.
The PR News family of products includes PR News, the Platinum PR Awards, PR People Awards, CSR Awards, The 100 Best Case Studies Book, Guidebook to Best Practices in CSR; Guidebook to Best Practices in Measurement and the upcoming Crisis Management Guidebook.
Profiles of the winners appear in the June 19 special CSR issue of PR News.
CSR Award winners:
Annual CSR Report
Winner: Gap Inc. - 2004 Social Responsibility Report: Facing Challenges Finding Opportunities
- Ford Motor Company - Sustainability Report
- Intel Corporation - Continuity and Commitment -- Global Citizenship Report 2004
- Stora Enso - Stora Enso North America Operations Sustainability Report 2004/ Pathways to Our Future
- General Motors - 2004/05 Corporate Responsibility Report: Finding the Balance
Business Ethics Communications
Winner: Distilled Spirits Council - Distilled Spirits Council Code Review Report
Winner: Pfizer Inc (Prochilo Health, Inc. Agency) - Women Like You! - The Power of Partnership
- Manning Selvage & Lee - The Home Depot "Educating the Public on the Importance of Play"
- The Coca-Cola Company - Ramadan Charity Campaign
- Alan Taylor Communications - Pitney Bowes "Pushing the Envelope to Support Literacy"
Winners (Tie): DaimlerChrysler AG - Mondialogo- Intercultural Dialogue and Exchange
Sprint - Sprint's Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
- UPS - Delivering Diversity: The UPS Community Internship Program
- Lockheed Martin - EIS Diversity Communications
- Sodexho Inc. - Sodexho's Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report
Winner: Fireman's Fund Insurance Company and Ketchum West - The Bucket Brigade
- Nortel - Communicating Disaster Relief to Employees
- Verizon Communications, Inc. - Verizon Excellence Awards
- Rose & Womble Realty Company - Rose & Womble cares: Taking Action in our Community
Winner: Hyperion Solutions - Drive Clean to Drive Change Initiative
- Centex Homes - Recognizing the Needs for Land Conservation: The Centex Homes Land Legacy Fund
- LANXESS Corporation, Addyston, OH - "Beyond Compliance Campaign"
Human Rights Communications
Winner: Hill & Knowlton, Inc. - Reebok Human Rights Award Media Program
- Weber Shandwick, UK - War Child's album - 'Help: A Day in the Life'
Winner: Deloitte & Touche USA LLP - Impact Day
- Allegra Network LLC - The FootPRINT Fund for Nonprofit Friends
- Sun Microsystems - Sun Microsystems Foundation
- Hill & Knowlton PR - Dine for America
- Novartis Oncology with Ruder Finn - GIPAP: A Pharmaceutical Company Shows Its Heart