Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) June 22, 2006
“Good Libations, The Wine Show”, a weekly Internet web radio show and podcast, celebrates its first year of broadcasting on June 24, and attributes its success as one of the first podcasts on this subject to its top quality guests. “The show has been successful due to its ability to attract some of the top movers and shakers in the wine industry, including winery owners, winemakers, sommeliers, wine writers and chefs who have appeared on the show from around the globe”, according to Sommelier and Co-Host, Karl S. Von Senden. The show is one of the first podcasts on this topic and is hosted by wine experts Von Senden and Debbie Elder, both of Greater Phoenix, Arizona.
Featured guest highlights from the past year include:
- “Wines for Women” - Leslie Sbrocco, award winning wine author and television host.
- “Sparkling Wines and Olive Oils” - Joy Anne Sterling, Partner, Iron Horse Vineyards.
- “The Dynamics of a Wine Auction” – Fritz Hatton, Christie’s International Wine Consultant and Vintner of Arietta and Konngsgarrd Wineries.
- “Wine Blogging” - Alder Yarrow, Host of Vinography.com, the most popular wine blogs on the web today.
- “Wines from Amador County” - Jeff Runquist, Winemaker, Jeff Runquist Wines.
- “Wine Writing” with Natalie MacLean, James Beard award winning wine writer.
- “Wine and Music” – Bruce Cohn, Owner, B.R. Cohn Winery and former manager of the Doobie Brothers.
- “Wine Art” – Thomas Arvid, artist and creator of oversized still life wine paintings.
- “All About Tequila” - Chef Robert McGrath, Owner, Roaring Fork Restaurant.
- “Wine and NASCAR” – Randy Lynch, Owner, Bennett Lane Winery and NASCAR West Sponsor.
“Good Libations, The Wine Show” is a weekly, radio show that presents an upbeat, entertaining introduction to the “world of wine” featuring interviews with leading winemakers, chefs and vintners. Listeners are treated to discussions on trends in the wine industry, fun facts and education about wine and food, and they have the opportunity to submit questions to their hosts to be answered on the air.
Von Senden is Owner of Castle Mark Cellars, and former Chairman of the Central Arizona Chapter of the American Institute of Wine and Food, (AIWF). Von Senden’s formal training extends through the Wine Fundamentals Certificate Level Two certified by the International Sommeliers’ Guild, and he is a current scholar in the prestigious Masters of Wine Program. As an experienced licensed contractor and president of Castle Mark Cellars, he constructs and consults on the design, and crafting of wine cellars and wine rooms, as well as wine selection and storage. As a speaker and educator, he conducts wine seminars and hosts presentations.
Elder has an extensive background in marketing and event planning with an emphasis on food and wine. Elder is a culinary instructor, former owner of a cooking school, food stylist, and past marketing coordinator for Beaulieu Vineyard’s consumer wine education program in Arizona. She is a frequent contributor to consumer magazines on the topic of food and wine. Elder is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP), Meeting Professionals International (IACP), and a former board member of the Phoenix chapter of the American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF).
Von Senden and Elder have sophisticated plans for the future with continued hosting of internationally recognized guests, remote broadcasts from wineries and restaurants, and authoring a wine and food pairing guide. The June 30th show will feature Michael Green, Wine Consultant to Gourmet Magazine who will talk about hosting a wine tasting.
To learn more, log on at http://www.goodlibations.net every Friday after 1PM Mountain Standard Time for an updated show. Past episodes are available in Karl & Debbie’s web library upon demand. Further information about the show and featured topics and guests, can be found on their website at http://www.goodlibations.net
Debbie J. Elder
Good Libations, The Wine Show
480 678 8112
# # #