Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) June 24, 2006
The Fourth of July holiday goes hand in hand with backyard barbecues and impressive firework displays. This annual tradition provides the perfect backdrop for a nighttime outing but it can also pose a danger when used carelessly, resulting in tragic injury. AP9 HomeWorksPlus, a membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC, wants its members to enjoy a safe Fourth by following common sense safety tips and taking advantage of savings on home improvement projects, family entertainment and more—all summer long.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus members conveniently save up to 20% at their favorite national home improvement and home décor retailers across the country when they log on to DealPass. Members get discounts on cooking, home entertainment equipment, movie rentals, flowers and gifts, which means they can use their savings for an extended summer vacation or family outing.
AP9 HomeWorks Plus members can prevent potential injury and damage to their property by following these firework safety tips.
- Check state laws and local ordinances concerning fireworks. Many states restrict specific types of fireworks and some even ban them.
- Never allow children to light or play with fireworks. Even fireworks like sparklers that are considered to be “safe” can cause injuries when used recklessly. An adult should always supervise children who are near firework displays.
- Read labels carefully and follow ignition instructions. Don’t directly lean over a firework when lighting it. Never point a firework at someone or ignite in a container. Always use them outdoors and avoid enclosed areas, trees, homes and any other hazard overhead.
- Don’t try to re-light fireworks that have already detonated or malfunctioned. Keep a bucket of water and soak fireworks that don’t successfully set off or use a hose if possible. Dispose of fireworks properly in a trash can.
- Be sure spectators are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Don’t experiment with homemade fireworks and stay away from illegal ones.
- If fireworks need to be stored, follow the storage instructions on the labels. Keep in a cool, dry place away from any flammable materials and heat sources.
For the safest holiday, check media listings for local or regional firework displays and leave it to the professionals for a memorable show. This safety checklist is made available by AP9 HomeWorks Plus.
About AP9 HomeWorksPlus
AP9 HomeWorksPlus is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 HomeWorks Plus.
# # #