We want to enable consumers to take great travel shots by providing them with the technical knowledge and creative inspiration needed to produce images they’ll be proud of and can enjoy long after their vacation is a distant memory.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 26, 2006 –
Adorama Camera, Inc. wants to help shutterbugs, from semi-pro enthusiasts to snapshooters, take their best vacation pictures ever when they travel this summer.
Today, the New York-based camera retailer introduced “Hit The Road!”, a comprehensive editorial package that provides extensive product, technical, and creative travel photography advice, written by a world-renowned team of photography experts.
“Hit The Road!” offers practical picture-taking and gear purchasing advice for photographers at all levels of experience, from people stepping up from compact cameras to their first digital SLR, to experienced hobbyists and pro shooters who want to upgrade their skills Hit The Road! homepage
“As people prepare for their summer travel, we have one simple goal,” notes Mason Resnick, Editor of the Adorama Academy at Adorama.com. “We want to enable consumers to take great travel shots by providing them with the technical knowledge and creative inspiration needed to produce images they’ll be proud of and can enjoy long after their vacation is a distant memory.”
Hit The Road! articles include:
- A three-part guide to Outdoor and Travel Photography basics, by world-renowned photographer, teacher and author Rick Sammon. Outdoor and Travel Photography Basics A to Z, by Rick Sammon
- A pre-trip checklist for anyone traveling with a digital camera and gear, by noted photography writer Jeff Wignall.
- A guide to cost-effective ways to store your digital while on the road. Portable Image Storage Devices hold a lot more photos for a fraction the cost of extra large-capacity memory cards. Editor Mason Resnick writes about his favorites.
- A series of introductory buying guides that explain the benefits of different kinds of digital cameras, as well as guides to the best cameras currently available in each category.
- How to give your travel photos a competitive edge when you enter them in photo contests, by photographer Joe Farace.
“Hit The Road!” Is the second in a series of special-interest editorial packages being published as part of the Adorama Academy at Adorama.com. The Adorama Academy Adorama Academy, a free source of expert advice about photography sponsored by Adorama Camera, Inc. in New York, NY.
Online photo magazine at a retail site?
The Academy, which is quickly becoming a choice destination for photographers at all levels of experience who want to improve their picture-taking and image-editing skills, features how-to photography articles, buying guides to help consumers plan their next purchases, and breaking news about the photography industry, written by a team of top photography experts.
Why would Adorama, a well-respected New York-based camera retailer, publish what is essentially an online photo magazine? Editor Mason Resnick says, "we believe the more accurate and useful information and knowledge we can provide, the more people will trust Adorama both as a reliable information source and as a place where they can feel comfortable buying their photographic gear."