Gilroy, CA (PRWEB) July 6, 2006
John Muir once said, “Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike.” As expressed in the above quote, we come to understand the beauty and nurturing spirit of nature is as necessary as food and water to our survival. More and more, Americans are embracing the words of John Muir with the growing trend in country style interior decorating inspired by nature’s beauty and spirit.
In a world full of busy Americans who feel trapped in large cities and corporate environments, there is a simple home cure which can bring a great deal of relief to the pressures of everyday life. Incorporating nature’s charm in the home with fine rustic decor provides many corporate soldiers with the solution to the stresses of their busy lives without having to travel to the wild outdoors. Rustic style decorating is the latest interior design movement to help people escape at home to the traditional comforts of country living.
Fortunately incorporating the beauty of nature and rustic charm into even the most metropolitan environment isn’t difficult. Here are a few tips recommended by Rocky Mountain Cabin Décor, one of the leaders in rustic furnishing, to bring that country elegance of nature into your primary residence or vacation property.
1. Consider decorating the bedroom in a rustic theme first. Rustic bedroom furniture and decor instantly brings the comforts of country living into one of the most intimate and peaceful places in the home. Selecting a comfortable and finely manufactured rustic bed is an obvious start, however, don’t stop there. Compliment that rustic style bed with several key furniture pieces such as a set of rustic night stands, a chest or armoire. Finally, integrate a few accessories such as rustic table lamps and quality cabin bedding by Karin Maki, True Grit or Wooded River to transform the bedroom into a retreat reminiscent of lodge resorts at Lake Tahoe, Aspen, Vale and Jackson Hole.
2. Rustic cabin accessories can be an inexpensive way to expand on the lodge style theme of a home or room. Subtle use, but strategic placements of accessories that compliments the fine rustic furniture makes a home or room an obvious place to relax. Consider hanging a wooden welcome sign outside the door, or a theme specific rustic cabin sign on an interior wall near the room’s entrance. Rustic wall mirrors are a great idea for making a cozy room look a bit bigger, and are available in many rustic themes, styles and sizes. The fireplace is a primary target for rustic decor. The design and artwork of quality rustic fireplace screens and equipment can transform the appearance of a room immediately, and are available in a wide variety of complimentary themes. Finally, it’s the little things that can make a big difference, so don’t overlook adding things like rustic switch plate covers, candle holders, a wildlife sculpture or other lodge style decor or artwork to develop on a theme.
3. Of all the design styles, rustic is perhaps the earthiest and evokes the feel of old world comfort. Creating this type of atmosphere in a room is not a mystery, but goes beyond simple rustic furniture and decor. Quality rustic lighting is a necessity in the menu for creating natural lodge style ambiance. A strategically placed rustic floor lamp or antler table lamp will add warmth and functionality to a sitting or reading area. Light a dimly lit walkway with rustic wall sconces. It can be as simple or adventurous with the many rustic lighting styles and themes available. Make a statement with an antler chandelier, or bring in some fun with a wagon wheel chandelier, or the subtle sweet charm of rustic accent lighting with a Ponderosa Pendent Light.
4. Rustic is country and comfort -- not old and boring. Keep the place interesting by incorporating different styles of rustic accessories, decor and artwork -- together with earthly colors and textures. Consider adding metal wall art or a lighted wildlife print as an offset to the earthy colors, textures and tones of rustic decorating. Often overlooked, antlers can be found incorporated into many different rustic furniture pieces, light fixtures and accessories to further emulate nature’s elements that define cabin decor. Just remember to keep rustic decorating interesting with variety.
5. Have fun with rustic decor and furnishings. Be creative in designing that country living paradise by incorporating quality cabin decor that emulates your specific interest in nature or the outdoors -- hiking, fishing, camping, canoeing and hunting are just a few of the interests and hobbies which can be incorporated into a decorating theme. For the animal enthusiast, bears, moose, waterfowl, upland game, elk and deer are just a few country critters a rustic décor theme can be developed upon. Applying this technique for rustic decorating will add personal appeal to the design while capturing what beauty nature has to offer.
Echoing the sentiments of John Muir, people are turning to the warmth and beauty of nature for inspiration and comfort. Surrounding yourself with nature’s elements and incorporating rustic design concepts in your home will keep you truly inspired and will create that comfortable country paradise in your own home to get away to.
About Rocky Mountain Cabin Decor
Rocky Mountain Cabin Décor offers everything you need to transform your primary residence or vacation home into a relaxing retreat invoking the beauty and comforts of nature. Rocky Mountain Cabin Décor carries wide and unique selections of the finest in rustic home furnishings, decor and accessories to choose from to create that lodge style ambiance in the home. Cabin and rustic furniture, accessories, lighting, bedding and kitchenware are just the tip of the iceberg. Visit their website at: http://www.rockymountaindecor.com/
# # #