Alabama (PRWEB) July 3, 2006
WAGWARE Systems, Inc. and Brainyware, LLC today announced the immediate availability of CASL 4.3. CASL (Compact Application Solution Language) is a development environment which allows developers to create applications for PalmOS®, PocketPC / Windows Mobile and Windows platforms. CASL is the ideal RAPID Application development environment for PDA developers that want to create compact applications on multiple platforms quickly, using a singe code base. CASL also allows extending applications to take advantage of device-specific features using C Code (on the PalmOS) or Dynamic Link Libraries (DLL’s) on PocketPC / Windows platforms.
There are no run-time royalties to distribute CASL applications to end-users of CASL applications. This makes CASL particularly attractive to corporate, shareware, commercial and freeware authors. CASL strikes an optimum balance of core capabilities, extendibility and features on all three (3) supported platforms.
Key features include:
· Hi-Res Graphic Support
· Indexed Database files for fast random access
· Communicate with BlueTooth serial devices using the BlueTooth library (included).
· CASLpro (Palm) Events Library that allows detection of: the Five-Way navigator (DPad), Hard Power Off/On, Soft Power Off/On, Launch Handler (to prevent or allow application exit) and Pen Up/Down/Move.
· Grid object with columns, which can be populated with label, textbox, button, checkbox, and dropdown objects. Each object may be bound to Database fields (or arrays) without writing any code.
· Conduit for synchronizing PDA with the desktop computer (Hotsync® on PalmOS® and ActiveSync 4.x support on PocketPC / Windows Mobile).
· Network socket access (HTTP, Telnet or TCP) for connecting to Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc.
· Serial port access.
· Please visit our website for more details.
CASL is immediately available for download from our website at http://www.caslsoft.com. For Commercial / Corporate developers the price is $299 for new users; $199 for upgrades (CASL 4.1 or lower license required for upgrade). CASL is Free for non-commercial use. CASL applications distributed using the freeware (non-registered) version will display a prompt indicating it was compiled using the Freeware version of CASL. Purchase of a CASL license will remove the freeware notice. There are no other differences between the registered and non-registered version allowing developers to prototype their solution in CASL prior to registration.
WAGWARE Systems, Inc. and Brainyware, LLC partnered in September 2005 to acquire CASLSoft from Feras Information Technologies. CASL 4.3 is the initial release of CASL under our combined venture to further the advancement of the powerful CASL language.
For additional information please visit our Website at http://www.caslsoft.com .