Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) July 5, 2006
Musicalfamilytree.com is an archive of mostly Indiana music that was started in early 2004 to document the Bloomington Indie rock scene of the 1990s. Starting with bands like Sardina, Antenna and United States Three the site has quickly grown to encompass over 200 bands with Indiana roots, past and present, from all over the country.
Musicalfamilytree.com is held in high esteem by the Indiana music community and frequently featured in popular music blogs, websites and local press. The Musical Family Tree community holds a yearly 2 day Fest, this year will be October 20-21, and monthly showcases to highlight the artists featured on the site.
The compilation CD titled "Delicious Berries" is being released in partnership with Indianapolis based Luna Records and will be distributed through Revolver. It will also be available on iTunes and directly from Musicalfamilytree.com.
With over 200 artists on the site it was difficult to choose 19 for the CD. Musicalfamilytree.com's founder Jeb Banner said "I tried to focus on bands that were active and had an audience who would appreciate hearing a quality unreleased song. Still it was very difficult to trim it down to a 70 minute disc."
Some of the artists featured on the CD are well established artists like John Strohm, The Mysteries of Life and Vess Ruhtenberg while others including Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos, Gentleman Caller and Everything, Now! are poised to become national acts. All the artists contributed new or unreleased songs with several recorded specifically for the compilation.
Banner hopes the CD is the first in a series highlighting the talent showcased on the site. "We think there is a phenomenal amount of talent in and from Indiana and we want to expose it to as large of an audience as possible", Banner continues, "I firmly believe Indiana musicians are currently producing the best music in the country."
The proceeds from the sale of the CD will go to cover the costs of running the site and any profit will be directed towards new initiatives for the Musical Family Tree community.
With 19 artists two CD release parties have been planned, July 15th and August 11th. Both will take place at the Indianapolis rock club Locals Only (2449 E 56th St. 46220). The August 11th date will co-opt as the Musical Family Tree showcase for the Midwest Music Summit .
Musical Family Tree "Delicious Berries" CD Track Listing with links to artist pages:
1. Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos- "Waking Up and Walking Out" (Artemis)
2. Mysteries of Life- "Stop Thinking" (Affirmation Records)
3. John Strohm- "Rise and Shine"
4. Vess Ruhtenberg- "Is It Good?"
5. Marty Green- "Beer Alley"
6. Tim Jones- "Lord I Really Need You Now"
7. Heidi Gluck- "Wake Up"
8. Hands Down Eugene- "Slow Down"
9. Emperor Penguin- "Overboogie"
10. Brando- "Your Nelson Now"
11. BIGBIGcar- "Peace Attack!" (Standard Records)
12. Marmoset- "Treat A Boy" (Secretly Canadian)
13. Resting Rooster- "Don't Cry"
14. More Animals Of The Arctic- "Tom's Death" (Standard Records)
15. Gentleman Caller- "The Other Shoe" (Affirmation Records)
16. Winechuggers- "Summer Dresses" (Arena Rock Recording Company)
17. The Saturday Nights- "Ghosts"
18. Everything, NOW!- "Go Car Go" (Standard Records)
19. Silver State- "Cross Country"
Magazines, Newspapers, Blogs and the media in general can receive a free copy of the CD by contacting Jeb via the info listed below.
3951 N Meridian St Suite 220
Indianapolis, IN 46208