San Diego (PRWEB) July 11, 2006
Webmetrics, a leading provider of web performance management solutions, today announced that the Company’s transaction and website monitoring services have been enhanced to deliver objective-based monitoring capabilities for complex Web 2.0 applications. The third generation of Webmetrics GlobalWatch offers support for virtually any type of web application, including html, Web 2.0 Web Services and Ajax, Flash, ActiveX and Java applets. The product now has the ability to capture performance data for these applications from both within and outside the corporate firewall. Using the Webmetrics GlobalWatch, enterprises can now monitor SaaS (Software as a Service) applications, in addition to internally managed web applications, for improved performance and availability.
“As e-business becomes increasingly complex, monitoring the performance and uptime of applications from both inside and outside the firewall becomes increasingly critical,” said Peter Kirwan, Chief Strategy Officer, Webmetrics. “Our services are unique in that they allow enterprises to monitor SaaS applications as part of their total Web 2.0 architecture. SaaS providers can utilize the same technology for their own improved diagnosis and problem resolution of performance issues.”
Also new in the Webmetrics GlobalWatch 3.0 release is the ability to monitor from within a customer’s corporate network. This new “Internal Agent” can be used alone or in conjunction with Webmetrics’ GlobalWatch Network to provide a holistic view of application performance.
Enterprise-Strength Monitoring Enhancements
The Webmetrics GlobalWatch has been enhanced with the following features and functionality to deliver comprehensive enterprise support:
- Objective / SLA-based Monitoring: View performance trends compared to objectives or SLAs to ensure business goals are reached and do not slip from previously obtained objectives.
- New Alerting Options: The most advanced suite of alerting options available in external performance monitoring. New alerting options include statistical performance variation, SLA/Objective, localized agent and image object failures.
- Dashboard: Real-time live status of current and historical performance of all monitoring services available at the click of a button.
- Real-Time Console: Flash-based console that provides a live view of website and application performance through visual displays and audible alerts. The Real-Time Console can serve as a full NOC support solution for monitoring data and alerts, or integrate with existing enterprise systems.
- Extensible, Open Platform: Performance data and alerts can be easily integrated with industry leading solutions such as HP OpenView and IBM Tivoli using Webmetrics APIs.
- Global and Local Management of Monitoring Services: Provides true enterprise operations support with the power of global management while maintaining the flexibility of local management for focused setting changes.
- Internal Agent: Provides the ability to monitor applications available only from behind the firewall and hosted applications from the behind the firewall point of view.
Pricing and Availability
Webmetrics GlobalWatch v3.0 is now available. Pricing variables include the number, type and frequency of transactions monitored. Monitoring services are supported from Webmetrics GlobalWatch Network, which currently spans 32 locations worldwide, and from Internal Agents within the customers’ firewall.
Webmetrics is a leading provider of web performance management solutions that enable enterprises and service providers to optimize online performance for competitive advantage and positive end-user experience. Using Webmetrics’ services, customers can test, monitor and measure the performance of websites, transactions and supporting systems to ensure 24/7 uptime and performance integrity. The Company’s customers include US Airways, Barnes & Noble, Bluefly, DHL, GMAC, Homestore, Shopzilla, Symantec, The Knot and Yahoo. Founded in 1999, Webmetrics is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. For more information, call 877-524-8299 or visit us at http://www.webmetrics.com.