Miami, FL (PRWEB) July 7, 2006
Team Brunson, a collection of some of the best players in poker, was introduced at this year’s World Series of Poker (WSOP) at the Harrah’s Rio Suites in Las Vegas, Nevada. Captain Todd Brunson, professional poker player and son of poker legend Doyle ‘Texas Dolly’ Brunson, personally handpicked each team member and they will participate in every televised WSOP event. The WSOP started June 26th and runs through August 10th, 2006.
The eleven-member team consists of both seasoned veterans of poker and new, upstart players:
- Cyndy Violette – finished first in the 2004 WSOP Stud Eight-or-Better Event.
- Max Pescatori – finished first in the 2006 NPL – Vegas Open.
- Hoyt Corkins – finished first in the WSOP in 1992 and won the World Poker Tour title at Foxwoods in 2003.
- David Levi – finished first in the 2005 Third Annual Five-Star World Poker Classic and third in the 2005 Legends of Poker.
- Sam Grizzle – finished first in the 2001 Four Queens Poker Classic.
- Dewey Tomko - holder of three WSOP bracelets and has won over $2.8 million in prize money
- Jennifer Leigh – finished in the money in the 2006 PokerStars Caribbean Poker Adventure.
- Marco Traniello - cashed in seven different events in the 2005 WSOP.
- Jeffrey Freedman – cashed in the 2004 WSOP No Limit Hold'em.
- Thomas Franklin – cashed in the 2005 United States Poker Championship.
- Brad "Yukon" Booth – Recently finished 3rd place at the 2006 Mandalay Bay Poker Championship.
Team Brunson Captain, Todd Brunson, won the annual No-Limit Hold’em Championship at The Bicycle Casino in 1992, the 2004 Bellagio Fest al Lago Championship, and a WSOP bracelet at the 2005 $2,500 Omaha Eight-or-Better Event.
At this year’s WSOP, not yet two weeks old, both Violette, Tranielle, and Tomko have placed in the money. In September of this year, Team Brunson will be guest players at the Bounty Tournaments.
Come meet Team Brunson in Doyle’s Hospitality Suite, located across from the WSOP gaming area. They will be signing autographs and greeting fans.
For more information, visit Doyle’s Room at http://www.doylesroom.com.
# # #