Middletown, RI (PRWEB) July 12, 2006
Northeast Engineers & Consultants to hold seminar for building officials, architects, contractors and others in the building industry on Lateral Considerations for Buildings Under Wind and Seismic Loads.
Who: Municipal Engineers, Town Building Officials, Architects, Contractors and others involved with the design, planning, construction, operation and maintenance of building in Rhode Island.
What: Seminar Series – “Lateral Considerations for Buildings under Wind and Seismic Loads”
Where: The Atlantic Beach Club – Newport, Rhode Island
When: July 21, 2006 – 9:00am – 11:00am
Continental breakfast will be served starting at 8:30.
The seminar will start at 9:00am and conclude at 11:00am.
Don M. Leffert, P.E. – Northeast Engineers & Consultants
Don is the Chief Structural Engineer at NE&C. A cum laude graduate of Union College, Don has 20 years of experience in structural design, project management, structural investigations and implementation. Don’s experience spans structural analysis and design of bridges, parking garages, office building, municipal buildings, telecommunications towers, and more. Local Projects include:
- Stamford Metro Center Stamford, CT
- Central Parking Garage Login International Airport Boston, MA
- Verizon Wireless 180’ Tower Bolton, CT
- Milford National Bank Office Building Milford, MA
- EMC 80 South Street Office Building Hopkinton, MA
- Beverly Public Library Beverly MA
- Wind load and the Rhode Island State Building Code
- Design for Lateral Wind Forces
- The history of wind
- Seismic Loads and the Rhode Island State Building Code
- Designing for Seismic Load
- Topographic Design Factors
- Give you an understanding of wind and seismic effects on buildings
- Understand load calculations
- Discuss planning ahead to avoid costly alterations during the planning process
- Learn basic concepts of wind and seismic engineering and how to identify problems before they occur.
About Northeast Engineers & Consultants, Inc.
Founded in 1987, Northeast Engineers & Consultants, Inc.(NE&C), offers a broad range of multi-disciplinary engineering services specializing in civil, site, land development, waterfront, coastal engineering, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation and surveying. NE&C is headquartered in Middletown, Rhode Island with offices in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts and Ventura, California. NE&C is affiliated with Secure Global Engineering, LLC. (SGE) http://www.sge-iraq.com, conducting business internationally and Northeast Construction Program Management, http://northeastcpm.com in Rhode Island.
Additional information about NE&C and its professional engineering and consulting services can be found at http://www.northeastengineers.com or by calling 401-849-0810.
# # #