DALLAS (PRWEB) July 13, 2006
Meeting someone special is exciting, but trying to arrange a fail-proof first date can be tricky. Luckily, the warm weather of summer is ideal for many popular date activities, according to the more than 15 million members of Match.com, which is credited with more marriages than any other dating and relationship site.
Match.com members’ preferences* revealed that, among the date activities listed as favorites, those receiving the most votes could all be enjoyed in the summer sun. To help inspire many creative and memorable outdoor dates this season, the love experts at Match.com have put together their Top Five Sizzling Summer Date ideas:
1. Big Screen, Big Sky. More than 3.4 million Match.com members list going to the movies as one of their favorite things to do, and summer weather offers the opportunity to take in a film outdoors. Check your local paper to see if there are any drive-in theaters or seasonal outdoor movie festivals that offer a big screen under the stars.
2. Take Out For Two. Restaurants have become popular date destinations because they offer a neutral location to have a conversation while freeing both people on the date of the responsibility of preparing a meal. During the summer months, you can step outside the confines of a booth! Consider a restaurant with outdoor seating or order take-out for a romantic outdoor picnic at one of your favorite local spots. You’ll find it a lot easier to hear one another without the roar of conversations inside the restaurant.
3. Get Into Tune. Music is a universal language that speaks to nearly 3 million Match.com members. Music not only improves romance, but it is the perfect way to express feelings through compilation CDs, songs that capture a moment or at outdoor summer concerts. A favorite shared song can spark a lasting relationship.
4. Latte Love. Meeting for the first time? Grab a coffee on ice and take a walk around an area park or arts district. A slow-sipping cup of joe will give you just enough time to decide if your match is dinner-worthy for date number two.
5. The Art of Romance. Many art galleries and theater groups offer free or low-cost exhibitions and shows like street fairs or “theater in the park.” If you and your date discover your inner-artist during the experience, you may consider a follow-up date at a local ceramic painting studio or pottery-making class.
Match.com pioneered online personals when it launched on the Web in 1995 and continues to lead this exciting and evolving category after more than a decade. Throughout its 11-year history, Match.com has redefined the way people meet and fall in love and is credited with more marriages than any other site. Today, more than 15 million people around the world participate in the Match.com community, providing a rich tapestry of ethnicities, interests, goals, ambitions, quirks, looks and personalities from which to choose.
Match.com is the world's biggest online dating and personals property, according to the November 2005 global ranking of the Personals category by industry-leading independent measurement firm comScore Media Metrix. Number one across North America and Europe, Match.com operates leading subscription-based online dating sites in 32 countries, in 18 languages and spanning six continents. Match.com also powers online dating on MSN across Europe, Asia, the United States and Latin America and is the premier provider of personals for Love@AOL.
- Match.com User Profile Data, May 2006
# # #