San Jose, CA (PRWEB) July 24, 2006
Pacific Artisans (http://www.pacificartisans.net), the leading online commercial community of Artisans, Artists and Consumers is offering a $5,000 First Prize for the best self-produced Artist Video submitted by Artisan and Artist members of the Pacific Artisans Community by October 31, 2006.
“While eBay serves a flea market function, Pacific Artisans is a high end specialty store. It really revolves around the fine art and artisan items, and what the consumer wants. People want to know more about artisan and artist works than just price and a little thumbnail photo. They want to know who made this creation and why did they make it. That is why Pacific Artisans is a true Community; not just an online tonnage catalog. Audio and video are essential elements of building this Community,” said Elliott Dahan, CEO of Pacific Artisans.
The Contest rules include:
1) Only submissions by Artisan and Artist members of the Pacific Artisans Community will be considered. To learn how to participate in the Community and present yourself and your Work, please visit: http://www.pacificartisans.net/artisan-FAQ.html.
2) Please send all requests for inclusion in the Pacific Artisans Community to: artisan @ pacificartisans.net.
3) You may submit up to 4 different Video Files -- no one file may be more than 2 minute in length and the total length for all video files on 1 CD cannot be more than 8 minutes. Describe yourself in one segment; describe your creative process in another segment; etc.
4) Video Files must be submitted on CD in MPEG, Windows Media or Quicktime format but Windows Media is much more preferable than Quicktime due to download times. Please note -- submitting on CD is much more preferable than submitting on DVD. So, please try to submit files on CD. NO EMAIL. Video Files CDs should be mailed to:
San Jose Software Cluster
2 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95113
5) Video Files should not be “forced” or “staged” -- they should be sincere, natural, spontaneous . . . great locations for shooting video files would be: in-studio, in your home, outdoors . . . never shoot video in a solid and static background. Be creative and informative.
6) PLEASE, test the CD disc you are sending to see if video file is working before you send it to us. Make sure to use most up to date technology and versions of software available to you.
“Auction sites such as eBay (nasdaq: EBAY) or Yahoo auctions (nasdaq:YHOO) or MSN auctions (nasdaq:MSFT) all serve a specific need for the sale of commodity goods. We at Pacific Artisans are in a totally different space; we are providing a service and a presentation that Artisans, Artists and Consumers told us they wanted,” continued Dahan.
CONTACT: Elliott Dahan, CEO
408 293 2383