Prescott, AZ (PRWEB) July 25, 2006
Long-time Prescott realtor Kathleen Yamauchi has a new article on her web site, http://www.kathleeny.com, about minor changes which will maximize your chances of selling.
In Little Things That Make a BIG Difference, Yamauchi says that when getting ready to sell a house, a homeowner typically thinks of large projects like painting and remodeling in order to increase the value of the house. But there are lots of simple, easy things that sellers frequently overlook – little things such as,
- Clean off the refrigerator door - remove all those cute little magnets, kids’ drawings, appointment reminders and the like.
- Pull down and replace any shower curtains that are stained and mildewed.
- Give your kitchen a fresh new look by replacing outdated cabinet and drawer pulls. You can also wash the outside of the cabinets, drawer pulls and even doorknobs to really add a sparkle to your house.
- Create a more spacious feel by removing small pieces of furniture and throw rugs (and if those throw rugs are there to cover up stains, have the carpets professionally cleaned!)
- If possible, rearrange the furniture to create a smooth traffic flow – it will be easier to walk through and will add to the feeling of spaciousness.
- Get rid of any plants that look sick, or better yet, go with one attractive large silk plant or tree – too many small plants look cluttered.
- Set your dining room table and leave it that way – keep it attractive and neat, but not fussy (it’s probably not a good idea to have your grandmother’s antique silver and crystal sitting out in public view!)
Yamauchi points out that while these are quick and inexpensive fixes, together they will add up to create an attractive and appealing atmosphere, one that will attract buyers.
Along with the article, the web site contains other resources to help people looking to buy or sell their properties.
For more information, contact Kathleen Yamauchi at http://www.kathleeny.com.