What HR Check Signers Want from Job Boards;
Stamford, CT (PRWEB) July 24, 2006
The International Association of Employment Web Sites (IAEWS), the trade organization for the global online employment services industry, is pleased to announce that it will be holding its first Annual Member Congress in Chicago, IL on September 11, 2006.
In barely more than a decade, job boards and career portals have become a $2+ billion industry in just the U.S., alone. The Association's membership includes many of the largest and best known of these sites, including Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, Yahoo! HotJobs, CareerJournal.com from The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, JobMarket, and Dice as well as Workopolis and Working.com in Canada, JobStreet.com in Asia and StepStone in Europe.
The conference will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center adjacent to O'Hare Airport. Its theme is The Value of Perspectives. The tentative program includes:
- The HR Executive's Perspective: The VP of Talent Acquisition at a major corporation will discuss "What HR Check Signers Want from Job Boards;"
- The U.S. Government's Perspective: A representative from the U.S. the Department of Labor will discuss new Government regulations for employers and job boards;
- The Media's Perspective: The career columnist at a major business publication will talk about how the media views job boards;
- The Corporate Customer's Perspective: A panel of front line recruiters will discuss what they like and don’t about job boards;
- Members' Perspective: A town hall meeting will provide the Association's members will an opportunity to discuss the key issues and opportunities facing the industry.
The Association's Member Congress will be the first global gathering of job boards and career portals ever held. It will bring together the world’s largest job boards and some of the smallest and most specialized sites in the online labor market. Only IAEWS members will be permitted to attend.
About the IAEWS
Formed in 2005, the International Association of Employment Web Sites is the first global trade organization created specifically for the online employment services industry. It serves employment sites operated by commercial enterprises, publications, associations and societies, colleges and universities, radio and television stations and affinity groups worldwide. Representing over 700 sites offering employment opportunities in every occupational field, industry and location in the world, it truly represents the Sources of Success for job seekers and employers everywhere.
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.
# # #