Thornwood, NY (PRWEB) July 27, 2006
BroadwayWorld.com, the popular three-year-old online theater community is the Match.com or E-Harmony for locals and tourists alike. Everyday, the site’s pundits and participants blog and post updated recommendations, as well as sell tickets. They also specialize in matching their customers to shows (and even restaurants) to enhance the experience.
“Our audience lives to share and swap inside information on all things theater,” says Robert Diamond, founder of BroadwayWorld.com, “We get people from all over the world planning visits and looking for a customized experience. We provide the perfect recommendations.”
Together BroadwayWorld.com and its interactive community of amateur theater experts have developed the following list of their top 10 most requested Broadway matches that would make Yentl and Dolly Levi proud.
1) The bored tweener daughter and friend The Wedding Singer – based on the popular film, teens will enjoy picking out the similarities and differences
2) The jaded co-workers from LA Sweeney Todd – the Sondheim tuner featuring a murderous barber and his wife – a metaphor for cutthroat Hollywood?
3) The about-to-be ex girlfriend/boyfriend Chicago – shows the seamy underside of human nature and ‘All That Jazz’, perfect to set someone up to think all is not as it seems.
4) The elderly, hard-of-hearing parents Mamma Mia! It’s loud, it’s ABBA, what more could they ask for?
5) The recently dumped Phantom of the Opera – to keep the thought of setting up an underground lair as an option…
6) The very young and obnoxious 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee – they’ve never seen a spelling bee like this before!
7) The uninitiated “millennial” Spamalot – it’s silly, scatological , side-splittingly funny
(20-something “techy” guy)
8) The suburban book group moms The History Boys – feels intellectual in that British way, the most spellbinding play of the season
9) The staunch Republican Dirty Rotten Scoundrel - insert political joke and name of current administration official here!
10) The first date Beauty and the Beast – classic romance never goes out of style.
BroadwayWorld.com is the world’s leading website for Broadway and Off-Broadway theatergoers and theater professionals.