Lancaster, OH (PRWEB) July 26, 2006 -–
Drew Shoe, providers of the widest range of therapeutic, orthopedic and diabetic shoes in the industry, wants you to know the facts about sandals for the health of your feet. With the arrival of warm weather, sandals are often the first choice of footwear. The ease with which they slip on and off and ability to keep our feet feeling cool and comfortable make them popular – but many people don’t understand how to buy the proper sandal for comfort and safety, as well as for style.
Drew Shoe offers some helpful shopping tips for consumers who may suffer from various foot conditions or who just want to make the most sensible sandal choice. Though flip-flops are popular for their affordability and styling, they can cause foot injuries.
While sandals may provide a measure of comfort and style there are other things to consider such as arch support and shock absorption. Little-to-no support can lead to overworked tendons and an overstressed arch. Ankle sprains, tendonitis and plantar fasciitis can also develop.
When you are shopping for a summer sandal Drew Shoe recommends:
- The sole of the sandal should be larger than your foot. Your foot should not hang over the sides or the back of the sandal.
- There should be enough material on the top of the sandal to keep your foot on the sole and to keep the foot from slipping.
- The sole of the sandal should be rigid and not flex in the middle. If you can take your sandal and fold it in half, then it is too flexible and it will not offer enough support.
- Many sandals are not made for walking, but designed purely for style. Owning one pair of sandals for walking and one pair for relaxing around the house or outdoors is a practical solution.
- When buying a sandal for walking, look for a sturdy sole, multiple straps with buckles or velcro, built in arch supports or an accommodation for a custom orthotic.
Drew Shoe is the sensible choice for sandals, offering a variety of well-crafted, comfortable footwear – backed by over 130 years of research for superior fit and style. DrewShoe.com offers shoppers the largest range of sizes in the industry as well as a store locator to find the nearest provider of Drew Shoe sandals and shoes. Drew Shoe reminds consumers that if arch pain or heel pain develops while wearing sandals, to stop wearing them and visit a podiatrist. And, as part of their commitment to customer satisfaction, Drew Shoe has a consumer-friendly return policy.
About Drew Shoe: Drew's 125+ year history has earned the company an excellent reputation resulting in a very high level of repeat business. Its customers include many of the best independent shoe retailers in the United States as well as many independent podiatrists and orthotic and prosthetic shops.