Understanding how to buy the best furniture for the most competitive price will give you a home or office which is impressive while leaving money in your pocket.
Kingwood, TX (PRWEB) July 28, 2006
Today’s advanced computer and Internet technology mean one historic step ahead in shopping. The powerful wired combination brings consumers online to sites like FurnitureFeed.com with multiple search & shopping features.
However, in order to truly appreciate the new, let’s take a brief look at some of the old, with the following fun facts about furniture*:
Towards the end of the 1700s, many houses featured a large room with only one chair for the head of the household. The others sat on the floor. Sometimes a guest, most often male, would be invited to sit in the chair during a meal. As the meaning of sitting in the chair equated to being important and in charge, the lucky seated individual was called the "chair man." Today in business we use the similar expression or title "Chairman or Chairman of the Board.
- President Chester A. Arthur reportedly thought the White House was so gloomy that he had it redecorated. Twenty-four wagonloads of old furniture were hauled away to make room for the new, more fashionable furniture.
- Wood was reportedly invented by Lord Alfred J. Wood in 1921. He named it after his wife, and originally wood was an inexpensive substitute for children. Wood later became popular for furniture-making, even clothes- and food-making during the reign of Edward "the wooden king".
- New house rules were needed after Andrew Jackson's supporters came to a party at the White House after his election, because they broke dishes and stood on the furniture in their muddy boots.
- John F. Kennedy's young son, John Jr., used to hide under the president's desk. John Jr. called the desk "my house."
Leap Ahead in Time!
Now a new online furniture portal, FurnitureFeed.com, changes how people can furnish their homes and offices. At FurnitureFeed.com, the philosophy is simple, “Understanding how to buy the best furniture for the most competitive price will give you a home or office which is impressive while leaving money in your pocket.”
Some of the many features and benefits of the new site are:
- Reviews that help with selection and purchasing decisions.
- Furniture Terms Glossary that helps shoppers understand the industry lingo and make more informed decisions.
- Professional Furniture Directories that help shoppers search for furniture by location (state, region), type (like bedroom furniture, office furniture, patio furniture, etc.), category (like discount furniture), specific piece and more.
Results are two-fold. Shoppers save loads of time, gas money, traveling exhaustion and shopping frustration. And companies in the furniture industry are invited to participate and have their information included in the directory lists.
So furniture shoppers can say, “Goodbye!” to traveling around, wasting time, fuel, patience and poor decisions. Now they can focus on their specific furniture needs and meet them head on, immediately, 24 / 7.
Online shopping also means safety. So if you consider that Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer, you’ll realize that FurnitureFeed.com is a much safer way to shop!
- Facts from: Doxdesk.com, Content.Scholastic.com (Scholastic), Funnies.paco.to and Gone-ta-pott.com.