San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) July 28, 2006
(http://www.mobileframe.com) MobileFrame, LLC today announced release of version 4.2 of their Configurable Mobile ApplicationTM Product Suite. MobileFrame’s solution is the only truly Configurable Mobile ApplicationTM Platform in the industry that enables novice users to create and deploy custom mobile applications without custom programming. Now, with the addition of Remote Device Configuration and Management Capability combined with MobileFrame’s built-in Server Based Workflow Integration, device and software management is greatly simplified.
Customers can now have precise control over all devices in the field and may install software updates, regardless of what peripherals or device configurations have been deployed. Device power, memory utilization, messaging, alerts and synchronization status can be monitored for all devices on the system from the MobileFrame DeskTopTM. Customers can lock down devices (including kiosk mode) and set up different device configurations for a single user or for groups of users.
MobileFrame software enables customers to automatically deploy device configuration settings, including synchronization priorities (WiFi, WAN, LAN) based on their preferences, and schedule synchronization to any remote mobile device or any group of mobile devices. MobileFrame's software platform is an entirely self-contained mobility system that provides full functionality out-of-the-box, with no custom programming, no third party mobile gateways, synchronization engines or SDK's required.
In addition to Remote Device Configuration and Management, other features of Release 4.2 include:
- Dynamic Enterprise Data. System Administrators can now define dynamic enterprise data on a project. This data automatically populates and refreshes on any pre-selected frequency. This feature provides the ability to automatically assign data to mobile workers based on criteria selected by the Administrator.
- Point and Click Integration. Users can create and deploy powerful sever based workflow integrations to any backend system out of the box.
- MobileFrame Test Site. Users can now test their mobile applications directly from the task authoring screen. Device emulation is supported simultaneously in all languages.
- Enhanced Multi-Value Grid. This feature allows users to repeat values in a row/column matrix of values. It works in tandem with the Multi-Value Grid workflow functions. The grid supports unlimited formatting options, including automatic conditional formatting.
- Remote Manager. System Administrators can now monitor the status of all devices in use on the system. Information such as remaining battery life, memory, and last synchronization time can be viewed and sorted.
- Remote Actions. System Administrators can now remotely cause certain actions to occur on the client devices without intervention of the mobile worker. These include sending a popup message to the mobile worker (instant alert), compacting the database on the remote device (Pocket PC only), and logging mobile workers off the system.
- Send Email. A new Send Email function has been introduced as part of the Advanced Workflow Pack. This will allow users to send email notifications as part of their server workflow, including authentication via LDAP/Active Directory. This function supports plain text or HTML formats, SMTP server relay authentication, and standard email fields. Users can insert steps into the body of their message to tailor the message for specific needs.
MobileFrame offers three Product Suites with varying degrees of capability so businesses may select the most cost effective solution for their mobile enterprise:
MobileFrame Standard SuiteTM runs on a MS SQL Server database and contains all of the functionality required to create and deploy sophisticated workflow for any customer’s mobile workforce.
The Standard SuiteTM feature set includes conditional branching, basic math calculations, and peripheral device support [Cameras, Bar Code Scanners, Voice Notes, Digital Signatures].
MobileFrame Business SuiteTM includes all Standard Suite functionality plus advanced workflow, support for additional peripheral devices, advanced calculator functions, and messaging/alerts.
MobileFrame Enterprise SuiteTM includes all Business Suite functionality plus advanced messaging/alerts, Oracle, Sybase and DB2 database support and Java/Unix application server integration.
MobileFrame’s Product Suites enable businesses to rapidly deploy a variety of mobile applications with a low total cost of ownership and a high return on investment. MobileFrame's Smart ArchitectureTM [Patent-Pending] provides a user friendly point and click desktop that enables novice computer users to easily create, deploy and manage sophisticated mobile applications without the need for costly and time-consuming custom coding typically required in mobile application development.
“MobileFrame’s software has become the mobile platform standard at companies like AOL, Boeing, Ecolab and Toyota because of its unparalleled ease of use,” said Lonny Oswalt, MobileFrame’s CEO and President. “With release 4.2 our customers now have advanced mobile enterprise data management, improved software update features, remote device configuration control, server based workflow, integration with dynamic enterprise data and prioritized synchronization capabilities all built into one single integrated platform. This release keeps MobileFrame at the forefront of enterprise mobility, providing customers the most flexible and comprehensive mobility system in the market.”
MobileFrame Product SuiteTM v4.2 is shipping now.
MobileFrame has established a new category of user driven smart mobile computing, with integrated intelligent networking, prioritized synchronization, remote device configuration management and remote software updates all built-in to one software platform. The company’s pioneering software significantly streamlines the process of developing, deploying and administering mobile enterprise applications. MobileFrame is a privately held company headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, customers may contact MobileFrame directly at 1-408-885-1200 or visit our Web site at http://www.mobileframe.com