CONCORD, CA (PRWEB) August 4, 2006
Exadel, Inc., a leading provider of software, services and support that enable companies to create mission-critical business applications based on open source and Java™ technologies, today announced that Ajax4jsf, an open source project to combine the benefits of AJAX and JSF sponsored by Exadel on Java.Net (the premier web-based, open community for Java technology collaboration), has been publicly released as version 1.0.
Exclusively created to bring rich user interface functionality to the JavaServer Faces (JSF) world, Ajax4jsf is a rich component framework that extends the benefits of JSF to AJAX development. Ajax4jsf 1.0 allows developers to add AJAX capability easily, even to existing JSF applications. The unique benefits of release 1.0 include:
- AJAX Support within JSF for asynchronous communication and partial page updates AJAX
- 100% compatibility with JSF utilizing all JSF features during the AJAX request/response lifecycle including event listeners, validation, transformation, and messages
- Capability to make existing JSF components AJAX-enabled with no changes to the components themselves
- Open architecture and support for industry standards allows the mixing and matching of components from different libraries within an application (even on the same page).
Looking ahead, the development roadmap for the immediate future includes some exciting additions to Ajax4jsf to further cement its leadership position in developing AJAX applications. With these new features, Ajax4jsf will become a unique, powerful solution to satisfy business demands for increased performance, flexibility, and reliability in today’s enterprise applications. These features include:
- Full compatibility on an API level with the upcoming JSF Extensions Project
- A Component Development Kit to simplify and automate creating custom rich components with built-in AJAX support
- A Component Testing Framework to simplify components development
- A Component Integration Framework to leverage the capabilities of widget-based technologies, like Google Web Toolkit and Macromedia Flash, in a JSF environment.
“We are pleased with all of the positive buzz from the developers' community that has formed around the Ajax4jsf project,” said Fima Katz, CEO of Exadel. “Since the beta release in May of this year, we've been excited to see so many real business applications built on the Ajax4jsf framework. With this new release, we believe that support for Ajax4jsf will continue to grow significantly.”
To become part of this exciting open source project or to find out more information, visit the project Web site: https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net
Exadel, Inc. is the leader in providing rich application components for creating a new generation of enterprise solutions that leverage an innovative global sourcing model and Open Source. Exadel’s unmatched expertise at building reliable business solutions has solved real business problems for hundreds of domestic and international clients, including ABN AMRO Bank (http://www.mortgage.com), AT&T, Bank of America, eBay, Echopass, GE, Honeywell and Time Warner. Exadel's fast, scalable and cost-effective solutions reduce application lifecycle costs and development time, eliminating vendor lock-in and improving overall client productivity.
Exadel's product line includes Exadel Visual Component Platform, a rich component library for JSF that includes an advanced framework for easily integrating AJAX capabilities into business application development, and Exadel Studio Pro, the most advanced Web application development toolset designed for Open Source, which supports JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Spring and many other platforms. Exadel services include custom online and onsite training, Exadel Development Boost and Exadel Professional Services.
Founded in 1998, Exadel is privately owned and located in the San Francisco Bay Area with development offices located in Chicago, Minsk, and Moscow. For more information, go to http://www.exadel.com or call 1.888.4EXADEL.
Exadel is a registered trademark of Exadel, Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.