SLM has been around for more than a decade, with few enterprises satisfied with the results
Minneapolis (PRWEB) August 9, 2006
Magnum Technologies’ (http://www.magnum-tech.com/landing/think-strategies/) -- flagship business service management software, ADVANTAGE is praised -- in a new report by THINKstrategies -- for its unique ability to overcome technical and organizational obstacles often present in the path to ITIL adoption.
According to THINKstrategies, IT enterprises that have had their credibility undercut by ongoing performance and reliability issues are turning to solutions, such as Magnum Technologies ADVANTAGE BSM software to restore credibility. ADVANTAGE restores IT credibility by producing real-time reports that correlate IT and application performance to specific lines of business (LOBs).
“SLM has been around for more than a decade, with few enterprises satisfied with the results,” said Mike Ducatelli, senior vice president, Magnum Technologies. “We’re proud of the positive statements made in the report about our flagship ADVANTAGE BSM software.”
THINKstrategies also points out that BSM looks to raise the SLM bar by calling on IT organizations to go beyond establishing internal and external service levels and start measuring the business value of their services. The paper also notes that without effective SLM and BSM services in place, adopting ITIL is unlikely to produce the desired results.
Magnum Technologies’ addresses the pain IT enterprises currently experience, when adopting ITL, with its richly developed ADVANTAGE business service management software which:
- Automates the IT component dependency mapping & discovery process
- Generates detailed performance and availability metrics
- Provides real-time SLM/SLA reporting
- Automates the adoption of an ITIL framework
THINKstrategies points to Magnum Technologies’ 3 unique capabilities to explain what sets its software apart from other BSM vendors. These capabilities include:
1. Business Service Discovery which graphically depicts the Business Service Chain linkages between all IT assets, components and applications.
2. Multi-Layer Correlation which measures the impact of IT infrastructure and application performance on corporate lines of business. This allows IT organizations to establish meaningful Service Level Objectives.
3. 3rd Party Integration which allows for easy installation into complex large-scale enterprise environments by integration with existing management platforms and tools. This allows IT organizations to derive greater value from past network management investments.
Find out more about Magnum Technologies’ ADVANTAGE BSM software by reading the THINKstrategies ‘Magnum Technologies Automates Business Service and Service Level Management’ report: http://www.magnum-tech.com/landing/think-strategies/
About Magnum Technologies
Magnum Technologies develops software solutions that align IT operations with enterprise priorities. Magnum Technologies’ suite of automated management solutions includes DIAGNOSEIT®, COORDINATOR™, CAP-TREND® and its flagship product, ADVANTAGE®.
Magnum Technologies’ software solutions are designed to easily integrate with and enhance the effectiveness of existing management platforms by monitoring and measuring IT performance from a line-of-business perspective. Magnum Technologies’ clients include Fort Sam Houston, BRG and STARZ. Visit Magnum Technologies at http://www.magnum-tech.com.
# # #