Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) August 7, 2006
Genuitec, LLC, the leading provider of the popular MyEclipse IDE and a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, today announced the immediate availability of MyEclipse 5.0 Enterprise Workbench, a major product release with a number of innovative new features. These new capabilities further MyEclipse’s position as a leading integrated development environment (IDE) for building high-performance, Enterprise Java, web and database applications.
MyEclipse 5.0 combines powerful, seamlessly integrated new features with the testing and support needed to provide developers with a rich and successful experience developing Eclipse-based applications. With fully integrated features such as the Matisse4MyEclipse user interface builder and AJAX/Web 2.0 Tools, Genuitec provides a rich toolset that transcends the Java application development lifecycle, from heavyweight J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) development to lighter weight Java-based alternative frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring.
MyEclipse 5.0 Enterprise Workbench, the first publicly available IDE to be compatible with the Eclipse 3.2 and Callisto product offerings, allows developers to make use of these popular new projects without interoperability concerns.
“MyEclipse 5.0 represents a significant advance in how developers work with IDEs and redefines a new level of value with overwhelming features at near free cost,” says Maher Masri, president of Genuitec. “Our relentless effort to continue enhancing the workbench and to stay in lockstep with Eclipse releases guarantee our customers' access to the latest technology with a standards-based toolset that provides increased productivity and results in higher quality applications.”
MyEclipse 5.0 Enterprise Workbench incorporates the following significant capabilities and enhancements for Eclipse and Open Source developers:
- Notably, the MyEclipse 5.0 release integrates the popular Matisse4MyEclipse Swing UI designer directly into MyEclipse, thereby enabling developers to easily build sophisticated graphical user interfaces for their applications.
- Web Service Support including template-based web development factory that allows developers to generate an entire web application from user interface through backend configuration and databases infrastructure with almost no written code. These templates allow developers to set user interfaces, be highly productive in creating new applications, and to take advantage of third-party user interface templates to accelerate their development.
- Extended database support for Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase features which enables users to view triggers, functions, and procedures in DB Explorer and generate and edit the DDL for triggers and procedures.
- Struts 1.2 with Shale and Tiles frameworks support includes a re-architecture of the existing Struts designer tools with numerous enhancements, along with Struts support for JSF.
- Eclipse 3.2 compatibility and support is available worldwide.
- Visual Web Designer tools are available on Linux and Mac OS/X.
- AJAX Tools are available on Linux and Mac OS/X.
- New Websphere 6.1, Sun Java Application Server System 9.0, and Glassfish 1.0 application server connectors
- Customizable server launch configurations
MyEclipse is becoming the default for developers seeking to create sophisticated Java and J2EE applications using standards-based tools. Within two years, Genuitec estimates that between six hundred thousand and one million users will have downloaded and tried MyEclipse. The value of having a seamlessly integrated and tested platform with ready technical support makes MyEclipse the leading developer choice in Java development.
Pricing & Availability
The MyEclipse 5.0 Enterprise Workbench is available immediately. The Standard Edition annual subscription is priced at $29.95 USD and the Professional Edition annual subscription is priced at $49.95 USD. All subscriptions include unlimited access to Genuitec’s direct-response online support.
The following URL provides additional details about MyEclipse 5.0 and a downloadable high-resolution screen shot:
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and is currently on the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such. NetBeans, Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028;
Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284, Website: http://www.genuitec.com.